X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure how I got into this one..

but looking back, I am glad I did

Many years ago, I was the only customer in an electronics store, soon after it was opened - they had recently renovated, so I was struggling a bit to find where everything was.

I was graciously served within a couple of minutes by a very polite sales assistant, whose information led me to exactly where the parts were that I needed. I thanked the sales assistant and continued to browse the parts that I needed (a sale was definite - everything I needed was where the kind assistant had directed me to).

After choosing the parts I needed, I headed towards the sales assistant to thank him before I paid (something I always do, a sort of habit) - but as I approached I saw a very agitated customer, here is what happened:

I could pretty gather that the other customer was ranting, and I mean ranting profanely and in my view threateningly, about the products been moved due to the renovations.... ahhh hello? it is not the sales assistant's fault/decision/whatever to renovate... sheesh...

So I edged towards the commotion...

In a split second, without warning, the customer punched the sales assistant in the face, knocking him to the ground... WTF?!?!

I dropped my shopping and raced over there and put myself between the other customer and the injured sales assistant - now you got to understand a couple of dimensions here...

Sales assistant about 5'5 skinny
    Thug customer about 6'0 skinny

Me... 6'5 and VERY large build (relaxed muscle... honest...)

he went to push past me to have another go at the sales assistant - I pushed him to the ground and assisted a polic officer restraining him.

I stayed to make sure the doctors attended to the sales assistant..

Paid for my products and went to go home...

the manager came up to me and thanked me profusely as it turns out, the thug customer had a knife and looked to be going to hold up the store...

I told "no worries, happy to help"

Went home, and cried and shook for over an hour...

A week later I received a package from teh electronics store - inside was a wonderful gift - 100' of the parts I bought (and this was very handy for me) but most of all a very nice thank you letter from the management and the sales assistant.

a day later, I received a lovely letter of thanks from the police.

I really did this on instinct, to me there is no excuses at all for violence, be it verbal or physical against anyone doing their job.

Would I do it again... in a heart beat!

Quoth Damien View Post
    Me... 6'5 and VERY large build (relaxed muscle... honest...)

<snip>

I really did this on instinct, to me there is no excuses at all for violence, be it verbal or physical against anyone doing their job.

Would I do it again... in a heart beat!
    Nice to meet another Mini-Mountain on here! Glad to see you're keeping up the reputation of Big Guys being Good Guys.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

definitely man, us big guys need to step up and help

Comment

where are you big guys when Im being bullied?!
        "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
        X