This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy lady

Here's one that happened just recently. I'm currently bartending at a restaurant in NYC. It was pretty packed that night. The dining room was full and J happened to be the only server on the floor. All of a sudden, I hear the sound of some woman yelling at J, I don't even remember what she was saying but she didn't sound pleased. The entire restaurant gets silent. So silent, that even the music seems to stop. I choose not to get involved and just do my own thing behind the bar. Little while later, the woman is throwing a tantrum in the middle of the restaurant. She's screaming something about us having the absolute worst service, J doesn't deserve a tip, she didn't get water all night and she's really thirsty, she's really upset that she has to pay for such bad service, etc. etc. And then she says she studies at Parsons School of Design as though that actually has any relevance. At this point, J starts clapping and says "Wow, good for you! Everybody, she's from Parsons School of Design!" Everyone in the dining room starts laughing hysterically. After some continued screaming, she storms out of the place, vowing never to come back. Everyone in the dining room cheers. Two minutes later, she storms back into the place and demands to see the manager. Again, "I study at the Parsons School of Design! This place has the absolute worst service! Where's your manager?!" Manager comes out. I don't know what he said to her but then she goes into a tirade about being really thirsty and feeling "threatened" because she has to pay money for such bad service, she didn't get water all night, and she goes to Parsons School of Design. Then she shouts "What's your name? I'm going to report you! That's right, I'm calling 911!" Everyone starts laughing again. Crazy lady whips out her cell phone and actually calls 911, but she doesn't know the address to the place and she's not speaking coherently. Finally, her friends take her phone and coax her out of the place. J says "Everybody, once again!" The entire dining room starts clapping and cheering. People are laughing and making fun of her. Then I look out the window and see a police car and I jokingly say "Oh, crap, the cops are here." I really didn't think they were actually answering her call, but they stop right on the corner and they get out to talk to the manager. Everyone's laughing again. Good to know that the NYPD is spending their time wisely.
    Okay, well I've dealt with more than my fair share of crazy people in all of my years working in restaurants, but this one takes the cake. Really, who the hell considers bad service in a restaurant enough of an emergency that they're actually going to dial 911? And what the hell does being from Parsons School of Design have to do with anything? I have no idea what her problem was. She didn't seem drunk or anything. Just hysterical. And I kinda felt bad for her friends for having to put up with her. Most people would have just left and pretended not to be associated with her.

Quoth SurlyBarman
    Really, who the hell considers bad service in a restaurant enough of an emergency that they're actually going to dial 911?
    Well, since you really wanted to know...

http://www.snopes.com/crime/cops/burger.asp
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I'm assuming you haven't heard of the woman who dialed 911 because BK made her burger wrong.

But hey, it's no biggie. Dispatchers get pretty angry when they find out that it's no emergency. Are you sure that woman isn't on "I wanna be a soap star"? Maybe she was practicing her big dramatic line.

At least you got a crowd cheering and on your side! Good to know that your other customers were good and had a good laugh at her expense as well!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I LOVE it when the people watching cheer you or laugh at the SC, its a huge rush. It doesn't happen nearly often enough. Once or twice a shift would be about right for me. Unfortunately the theatre I work at now is nowhere busy enough for that.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Man, after listening to that BK thing, I'm not sure whether I should be amused or irritated that there are people like this out there. Seriously. Someone feeling threatened because their server is too busy to give them water or calling the police because their cheeseburger wasn't made just right and they need protection because of this. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed- that's what I say.
          Still, it was quite funny. Especially after J got fed up with the crazy lady and decided to provoke her even further by clapping and making fun of her.

Comment

Laugh! Cheer! Laugh! Cheer!

I just had to join in!
            WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Working...
            X