This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How rude!

I was practically left speechless by this woman today. We had massive queues due to it being sunny and warm as well as having minor staff shortages; first thing she said to me was not "Hello" but "Why don't you open more tills?" O_O She then demanded to know where the express lane was, I politely informed her that the express tills were up the other end. Her response? "They should be up this end." And finally, after paying for her single item, she went off without even a goodbye.

Luckily, right after her I had a human customer.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Maybe the sun & warmth fried her brain?

At least you had a normal one after her.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

It's kind of annoying when they ask us why WE don't open more tills. Perhaps they think that we can't see the long lines or something, and that although we have the POWER to open the rest of the tills, we choose not to, because secretly we love to be run off our feet serving half the city's population!
      'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
      'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Jeez, the way some people react to waiting in line, you'd think we could just cause cashiers to materialize out of thin air.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Actually, they seem to think we all come out of boxes and just add water......*PRESTO!* another cashier to help you!

Too bad a stand just can't be put up saying something along the lines of:
          Tired of standing in lines?
          Tired of never being able to be helped?
          Pick up an application HERE and help DO something about it instead of whining!
          Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

I'll repeat, from your post on the other board, how tempting it must have been to tell her exactly which end the tills should be up.

"So you want me to stop making orders for the lines we already have, go count the drawers in the safe so I'll have one to use, then put myself taking orders and *no one* bagging them up?"
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Sandy
              It's kind of annoying when they ask us why WE don't open more tills. Perhaps they think that we can't see the long lines or something, and that although we have the POWER to open the rest of the tills, we choose not to, because secretly we love to be run off our feet serving half the city's population!
              Exactly that! Plus at the supermarket where I work, we only have 24 tills in total... taking into consideration the fact that they may not all be working; that day for example 3 tills were out of order, and 2 weren't open cuz of lack of cashiers. For some strange reason, we require employees to be till trained before we let them loose on a checkout... so if we don't have any trained people available, we can't open tills.

Quoth HYHYBT
              I'll repeat, from your post on the other board, how tempting it must have been to tell her exactly which end the tills should be up.
              If only...
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth ShockQueen
                Actually, they seem to think we all come out of boxes and just add water......*PRESTO!* another cashier to help you!
                Why that's a great idea. The only thing I would do is modify that to *PRESTO!* an replacement brain.
                I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
                X