This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll wait while you move it.

I got this one gem of a customer last night.

SC: Excuse me ... (he holds up one of those cheap travel alarm clocks and pauses while staring at me, and I expect he wants a price check, so I get out my scanner and scan it.)
    Me: The clock is $5.99.
    SC: No ... no ... I don't need a price check, I know how much it costs.
    Me: Well then how can I help you sir?
    SC: I found this in the luggage department.
    Me: ............. Uh, well, we do carry some travel alarm clocks in that department sir, is there a problem?
    SC: Yes, there is. :::long pause::: I noticed you also had an endcap of alarm clocks in Housewares, and had more in Electronics.
    Me: Well, we do have the nice ones up in Electronics, and the regular alarm clocks in Housewares, with a few lower-end travel alarm clocks in Luggage.
    SC: It is poor product placement having the same thing in 3 different locations ... it makes it hard for your customers to find things.
    Me: I understand sir, it is sort of stupid they aren't all in one place.
    SC: Well I'm glad we can agree ... I'll wait while you move your stock of alarm clocks to the same aisle so it would be easier for the OTHER customers to find them. ......... (blank stare) .........
    Me: ........ ......... Uh ... you want me to move them, sir?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Well unfortunately that is impossible ... Corporate sends us product placement plans which puts the merchandise on the aisles you find them at. I understand your frustration sir, but the best thing to do is to fill out a comment card at Guest Services and alert Corporate of how they make it hard to find things.
    SC: I don't see why you can't just move them, its not like anybody would notice.
    Me: (frustrated myself at this point) Sir, we cannot do anything at the store level, and as I already explained, we cannot simply move products around even if it would be easier to find things without approval from Corporate. Since it lies on them, it would be best to write or call them and complain about this.
    SC: Fine, I will.

These idiots! All of this was over placement of ALARM CLOCKS! I could see if we had something messed up like TVs in an aisle of Domestics, and DVD players in Women's clothing all set up like it should go there, but really!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
    ...the nice ones up in Electronics, and the regular alarm clocks in Housewares, with a few lower-end travel alarm clocks in Luggage....
    I thought your product placement makes sense.

Comment

I think the customer was a moron. Why would he wait while YOU moved them? He's not the alarmclock police, what does he care? It sounds like the guy just wanted to bitch about something. Hopefully he got run over by a shopping cart later that day...

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
        I got this one gem of a customer last night.
        Me: Well, we do have the nice ones up in Electronics, and the regular alarm clocks in Housewares, with a few lower-end travel alarm clocks in Luggage.
        SC: It is poor product placement having the same thing in 3 different locations ... it makes it hard for your customers to find things.
        SC: Well I'm glad we can agree ...
        I can see why he thinks it's poor product placement, but I also happen to think that it makes sense, the way it is now. Maybe it all depends on the logistics of a person's mind.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yet another one who is struck by a sense of false entitlement. *sigh*
          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Its called cross merchandising. Stores do it all the time. The placement of those clocks makes sense to me and I understand why corporate would want them there.
            But that customer actually expecting to stand there and wait while you moved stuff. I mean, did he wanser around specifically looking for all the alarm clocks to even notice this? He found them three times, why would he bitch about them being hard to find. What a moron.
            WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

it also makes sense to me; if he doesn't like it, he can always 'take his business elsewhere' since he's such a 'good customer,' worrying about how you personally merchandise.

what a twitwhacker.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
                SC: I don't see why you can't just move them, its not like anybody would notice.
                So, W in TF is the point of moving them, then?!?

Jackass.
                "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth chantal
                  I think the customer was a moron. Why would he wait while YOU moved them? He's not the alarmclock police, what does he care? It sounds like the guy just wanted to bitch about something.
                  Some people just are not satisfied until they've found something petty to whine about and made some "peon" jump through their hoops. I guess it makes them feel superior. It's pathetic.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Man, what a yutz, the placement makes sense to me, Luggage=Travel maybe people want an alarm clock in case whereever they are staying does not have one, Electronics=well, they are electronic and some of 'em have radios, Housewares=it's for the house andpeople might realize that they need one if thet are sending their kids of to college or camp or something.Also, where would you move them, electronics, luggage, housewares, shoes? Dude was vague about that. Yeesh.

Comment

Quoth sbandliz
                      I thought your product placement makes sense.
                      it only makes sense if you are able to think
                      DILLIGAF

Comment

Quoth Lehk
                        it only makes sense if you are able to think
                        And therein lies the problem!
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth I_Hate_SCs
                          SC: Well I'm glad we can agree ... I'll wait while you move your stock of alarm clocks to the same aisle so it would be easier for the OTHER customers to find them. ......... (blank stare) .........
                          Who died and made this bozo manager?
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Well, isn't he a little self important? He walks into a store and thinks he can tell you how to rearrange the stock? That asinine!

You didn't mention how old he was, but I'm guessing he's retired. My grandpa would do crap like that, to the point where I simply refused to shop with him.

Comment

Working...
                            X