Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josiah is given the pertinent information, as well as available manpower to help back him up discretely. Samara nods listening, "We're just finishing we'll head there no later then 1830."
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah looked at his watch, shook his head. "No, we'll be there soon as we get through the traffic. We're on our way."
      "It's 1707 hours, Sam. I want to bag that rifle far more than Holdwell wants Fenton alive. I can guarantee he might just settle for less than living. I want to know that set-up, and I want to know how to get in and out without tripping anything or anybody."

Comment

• "Holdwell has never killed someone intentionally, he used to be a sniper himself. I'll take point as normal, you keep me alive and I'll keep the president alive. I have a bed feeling about tonight, its why I wanted to visit Jonny grave today."

Samara had already hung up the phone, and was gathering her things. Sliding a tesla into the small of her back, and her glock in a shoulder holster, "Damn am I glad I can tolerate cold much better then most. pack layers Josiah, you think it was cold while the sun was up...wait till the sun goes down."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Crap." Josiah checked his ammo, again.
          "And I'm not saying it'll be Holdwell. Holdwell may be a good man, his people ar not. What I AM saying is Holdwell won't put up too much fuss if Fenton winds up dead from one of his people getting stupid."

Comment

• Josiah clarified, "I know *I* wouldn't i his position. Were I the head of Presidential Security and I had a former agent and her smart-ass nalikea factory-yutz drag-along, telling me what to do, I'd let them take all the credit for a screw-up. I'd make sure the factory-schmuck took the fall, let them have the weapon. I would look good in front of my boss, receive a big gold star in my copy book, and all of it especially if one of MY people was the one to make the Killshot."
            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 12-13-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• "Holdwell won't throw anyone under the bus...trust me...hes Good people."

Samara drives them to where the meet up was, dropping Josiah off at one of the 4 sniper nest possible locations.

"You've got 20 minutes to get ready and make a call, I swear to you I'll stand behind anything you do, short of killing the president of course. Don't play the hero, thats below your paygrade. Its my job to keep him alive, its yours to grab that gun, and GTFO."

She hands him an earbud that hes worked with before, "Channel 6 will be the ones we're on so you can keep an ear to the action on our side. Code...um...'for pony' when you have the artifact bagged. Then get free, and get out, tell us where she is we'll get her ourselves."

Comment

• **TED**

You are given very specific directions to a very popular attraction on the outskirts of town, with a manmade waterfall that is supposedly very close to being niagra falls, just with a bit more control of conditions.

When he arrives the place already has a good following and the hours read that its been open maybe 10 minutes. As he tries to make his way forward he watches someone in a barrel go over the falls, screams of joy and some fear heard clearly, before the barrel floats gently to a landing dock and the person is helped out soaked from head to toe, though the inside of the barrel appears to be bone dry.

Comment

• Well crud Thinks Ted How in the world am I going to get the barrel without raising too many questions? There were many ways he could shut the thing down, including but not limited to making homemade mustard gas and claiming to be the EPA..too big a risk of somebody, maybe even himself if not careful, being hurt. If he just barged in and tesla'd a bunch of people..that would make the evening news. As much as he hated it, he needed some more experienced advice.

Artie would probably just tell him to 'get it done', that would be no help..he'd have to suck it up and call Sam. Getting to where nobody else could hear him..he gave her a call, and filled her in..asking her advice on how the heck to shut down the ride.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah got out of the black FBI vehicle at the first of the suspected sniper nests. Thumping the door twice, he moseyed inside the building, then drew his SIG and began the dirty-work. Finding nothing, he reported as he left the door, "Comet to Blitzen; Section Golf is clear. Moving on to Section November."
                    The President had started into his speech when Josiah entered a room in the third building and found his mark.
                    Jewel Fenton, a well built woman in her early twenties, her military high'n'tight cut dyed red instead of the natural blonde, stood at a desk some 10 feet from the open window, wearing the nearly stereotypical surplus fatigues and yellow-lensed shooter's glasses, the Hathcock rifle in her hands.
                    "FREEZE! Secret Service Speci- YOW!" Josiah dove for the scant cover of a cargo box as Fenton hip-loosed a round in his direction. He came up with the SIG and fired off a retaliatory round of his own, just as she came at him with a survival knife.
                    "Yowza!" Josiah barely missed getting stabbed as he bashed away the knife with his sidearm. The two of them rolled through the room, grappling for the knife. Josiah got his leg caught under the desk and Jewel pulled back, wrenching his leg.
                    "YEEAARRGH! B****!!" Josiah slammed the butt of his pistol into Jewel's nose, earning a string of expletives and a fountain of blood, just before she kneed him in the groin. Josiah wretched and Jewel scrambled for the rifle. As Jewel began to assume her stance, Josiah sighted in and shot her in the knee. The rifle went off as Jewel screamed and fell. Josiah ripped out the hold-out Tesla Sam had forced him to carry and was rewarded by seeing Jewel jerk, jitter, then fall limp.
                    "Stay down, b****." He got up and shouted, "Comet to Blitzen! Comet to Blitzen! Hunter is in Sector Bravo!" After he gooed the rifle, Josiah removed the scope mount and the bolt from the rifle and dropped them into the bag, releasing a shower of sparks.
                    "For Pony. Repeat; For Pony," Josiah said, just as Jewel stirred. "I said Stay Down," Josiah ordered, butt-stroking Jewel solidly in the head. "Crazy militia femme-butch tries to shoot me, then slice me, and--" Josiah turned carefully on his wrenched knee. "Hmm."
                    He gingerly hobbled over, recovered the knife and scabbard, then limped out of the building. "Hey, Blitzen? I need a ride and a pair of arm-cuff crutches outside Sector Bravo. Oh, and if you missed it before, For Pony."
                    When Sam pulled up, Josiah got into the car and growled at Holdwell. "Upstairs, fifth floor northwest corner. Sam, I want a homebrewed beer, a Pittsburgh-style steak sandwich, and a one-f***ing-way ticket back to North Dakota."
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 01-01-2013, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Josiah munched on the perfectly done steak at Mack's. "Hey, Mack? What if I were to pay for you to relocated to North Dakota?"

Comment

• Mack just grunted and shook his head.

Samara walks in a while later while Josiah is finishing another ale, and flops down tiredly.

"Dear gods and idiots....paperwork out the ass, and review of why we did what we did, the debriefing, and I know i missed dinner..."

Mack slides a plate of a steak sandwich infront of her and a bottle of ale, Samara's eyes just shine with joy as she digs in filling Josiah in.

"We can leave this god forsaken town tonight if you want....I've got us booked on a 9pm flight....3 hours from now. I got your stuff you left at the hotel."

Comment

• "You couldn't find one sooner? And where are the crutches I asked for? Crazy butch wrenched my right knee so bad, I'll need to see a doctor once we get back. I had to pay Mack for ice and Advil. I'm sorry the rifle went off. Who got dead because I got kneed in the balls and didn't squeeze the trigger in time?"
                          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 01-02-2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• "No one died, Holdwell got grazed thats it. The crutches are out in the car."

she sighs and takes a long pull of ale, then grins, "ooo I had such FUN interogating that lying little hussy."

Comment

• "By the way, Ted called me, looking for you and wondering why you weren't answering your cell. He left a voice-mail. Seems he's stuck on how to get the "Niagra Falls Barrel" out of the hands of some Normals in Texas."
                              Josiah rolled his eyes, "I told him how I would have done it back when I was impersonating a federal agent, but then amended that with the fact that wasn't a good idea. HOPEFULLY, he got my hint to wait until he can steal it and get away."

Comment

• Josiah dialed Ted.
                                "Hello, Professor; it's Josiah. Yes, I know you're not exactly comfortable; here's Sam."
                                He pushed the aging LG EnV 3 at Sam. "Talk to him, O Mistress of Great Ideas."

Comment

Working...
                                X