Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slang and catch phrases -- what are yours?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"For the Love of Skittles!" used instead of "for the love of diety/pete"
    "Jiminy Cricket!"/ "Jiminy Christmas" - instead of "Jesus Christ" being used as an expletive

Jesus H tap-dancing Christ on a pogo stick - I don't use this one as much anymore, but its one of those you know when/where its appropriate

crap-on-a-cracker - used in response to a shitty situation

"awesome 'possum" - when things are good

I've used "perhaps" in stead of "maybe"
    my sister and i also play the "thesaurus" game... where we start with 1 word (like maybe) and then go through the various ways of saying the same thing
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I will have to write down some of mine as I think of them...right now I can only think of lame ones. I have a good story though...

A late friend of mine (she was an older woman, so not so unusual that she died but it happened fast... anyway...) liked to tell this story. She grew up in Virginia and her very southern grandma would sometimes get irked and yell "SUGAR! S-H-I-T, SUGAR!" So...when my friend went to school...guess what word she was asked to spell.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

"We'll burn that bridge when we get to it"
        "Motherforking Copsocker!"
        "Run for your life! Management at the (router) console!"
        (answering the phone from someone I know can take a joke) "(random nation) Embassy. How can I mis-direct your call?"

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

-Any variation of animal sounds. My friend and I have this ongoing thing when we text each other.
          -"Oh Johnny Christ"- instead of Jesus Christ, I say a member of my fav band's stage name.
          -Mr. Arf Arf and Arf Arf Jr- while speaking to my puppies Sterling and Karuso
          - Thats What She Said
          -Meh
          -True
          -Blah and some other variations

Comment

Working...
          X