No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you moving furniture?? It's past 10:00 pm. I am so frustrated that I don't qualify for those concrete-floored apartments I want to move into.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Your problems with your neighbors remind me of the problems my co-worker had with her upstairs neighbors for years.

This couple was VERY old. In their 90's. Almost every night, there would be all kinds of stomping and walking around going on, and my CW could not sleep in her bedroom. She would end up sleeping on her sofa, where she couldn't hear the noise as much.

We could never figure out what the hell two 90+ year olds were doing to make so much noise. Of course, after the man passed away, the old lady stayed there alone, and she was the one whose toilet overflowed more than a dozen times, into my CW's apartment.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• It's utterly ridiculous. I thought the next door tenants were going to be cool but someone's playing bass--the actual instrument--and I have, in the middle of December when it's 0°F out, a large floor fan running on highest power against that wall to cancel it out.

Comment

• To the neighbors a few houses down -

I really hate to come off sounding like one of "those" people, and it's not that parties bother me, but......was it REALLY necessary to have people in your house screaming/making noise so loudly that it sounded like teenage girls at a One Direction concert? Not to mention setting off firecrackers every ten minutes......and this was several hours away from midnight.

Comment

• I'm convinced you people don't work. You do quiet down at 10:00 or 11:00 which would make it seem like you do, have to work the next day. But then when I'm home on flex time I hear you not being at work. It's not because you're one of those people in the service industry who has some weekdays off because then you'd be working weekends. And I *know* you're in and out every hour on weekends, apparently not being at work. I feel like your job is to annoy me with door slamming and bass whenever I'm home. I can't get any peace here. You're intrusive and it's hours at a time until you SLAM the door on the way out to whatever it is you do outside the house. I have no problem with Section 8 but I do have a problem with how some people on it act. I don't know if that's you but I do know you sure do have a lot of time to go in and out and bug me when you're here.
            Last edited by Food Lady; 01-01-2018, 05:23 PM.

Comment

• FL:

Is there more than one resident of that apartment? It's possible there's two people (or more) living there, and that's why it seems like someone is always home -- because they are.

It's also possible that, if that's a Section 8 unit, that they aren't working and therefore can be there all the time.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Yeah, there's a dark-haired guy and a blondish gal and a kid that't there sometimes and a blondish dude who comes by with a car seat and knocks. So people in and out. I'm sure at least one works but since each only has to pay $300 it's probably part-time or service industry with odd hours. I'm just angry at the end of a long weekend of this stuff, you know? It's not just them but loud cars in the parking lot. I can't complain to management about that because hey, I've been the person who needed an exhaust repair and couldn't afford it. It still disturbs me. The one good thing about the door slamming: I know when someone's leaving and I can turn off my energy sucking fan. *sigh*

Comment

• If it's not one of the other two it's you. You're the one who is so quiet that I barely know anyone lives there and that's why I'm glad my bedroom wall borders you rather than the other ones. However, even though it was 7:00 pm, that was totally unnecessary. I don't know what you were doing but I know it wasn't music by what I heard with my ear against the wall and I know it wasn't sex because no one on earth moves like that. Were you pounding a punching bag? In your bedroom in an apartment? Did you spend a solid 5 minutes running in place? Do you have a washing machine in there?? Absolutely bizarre and now I'm wondering if you're going to wake me up with that like you did last month at 4:30 am. I really hate to complain to management because normally it's like you don't even live there. But I think I'll put my energy into finding another place to live.

Comment

• The ONE night a week when I'm trying to watch something I really want to watch and you are out there with your unbelievably loud engine and the stereo to go with it. Seriously, on any other given night I can take TV or leave it but my one show is on now. Why should I have to watch it later online when I have a full-size TV in my living room?!?!? I am currently looking for apartments and the only one that gets great reviews for quiet is half an hour from work down a 2-lane country highway with little to no lighting. I have night blindness. I can't live out there.

Comment

• My upstairs neighbor has a lot of "friends" over during the week.

Normally I don't care. But on a morning when I have to be awake early, therefore requiring me to get a teensy amount of sleep it would be nice if he didn't run up stairs and stomp around so much in the evening.
                      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

• I swear these people are related to my neighbors! They CANNOT be quiet, it is physically impossible for them. They slam doors, they yell, they scream, they bang the garbage totes around constantly, you name it.

If I can shut my door without slamming it, why can't they? If I can find a place to put the garbage totes so that I don't have to move them around every fifteen minutes, why can't they? Their yard is shaped the same as mine is. If I can converse with someone quietly - especially someone who is standing right next to me - why can't they?

I sympathize, Food Lady. It is hell with people like this next door.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Fortunately the ones in my building have gotten exponentially better but the building across the way is still the one for problem children. The one with the car stereo lives over there. And what is with your neighbors moving trash cans? Why is that even necessary? Bizarre. I think you have it worse than me. Let's rent side-by-side duplexes so we can be each other's neighbors!

Comment

• Pleeeeease don't stop blasting that obnoxious bass rap whatever garbage you're playing out there. I want the police to hear exactly where it's coming from.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Fortunately the ones in my building have gotten exponentially better ...
                              They're reducing the volume each night by 5% of the previous night's volume?

Sorry, I twitch when people use "exponentially" to mean "much", "extremely", or even "astoundingly".

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
                                They're reducing the volume each night by 5% of the previous night's volume?

Sorry, I twitch when people use "exponentially" to mean "much", "extremely", or even "astoundingly".
                                Ha! Actually, I haven't heard any music at all. I feel bad. I never said I had a problem with people listening to it in the first place.

The 5% actually does apply to the car stereos. Even so, it's still inconsiderate to sit out there at 9:30 on a weeknight with your bass blaring. I had to call last night because some joker in the complex behind us did this for half an hour and I'm sure it could be heard for several blocks. Then just now it was my actual neighbor but not as loud. Still, it's not cold enough to have to let your car sit running and even if it was the noise would be unnecessary. I told the lady answering the phone that if it's the guy I think then I know the color of his car and which building he lives in. At least I had some info. I couldn't get the license plate the last time.

Last night I discovered the neighbor on the other side has a mini washing machine which gets off balance and shakes the shared wall. We're not supposed to have those. I have a spin dryer which does not have the punctuated motion of a washer and is not as noisy. I'd feel like a hypocrite for reporting them. Besides, it's only for about 20 minutes on Wednesday night around 8:00. I don't know if he runs loads other times. I just hear it then. It's making me reconsider renting where the units have washers in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X