Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Or what about some sort of joining together as in the Human Centipede? One man,one woman,superglued or sewn together to make one body with male and female parts altogether.That could work....Hmm... I think I have lots of plans coming to mind...this could make a wonderful experiment
    Have seen the horror movie, The Human Centipede?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
      Aside from that transgender example... I would think that it might be possible for fraternal twins to be conjoined, as they'd presumably adapt to each other's immune profile in utero .

Except... fraternal twins are a lot more common than identical twins, especially in the era of IVF and other fertility treatments. If it were possible for them to become conjoined, I'd expect to have heard about it! Wikipedia doesn't even mention the possibility, let alone an example.
      Twins run in my family. My father was an identical twin, only family could tell them apart. Both of my sisters and youngest brothers have identical twins. My oldest daughter has two sets of twins with the boys (5) being identical and the girls being fraternal but the both have similar hearing and speech challenges. She's pregnant again with twins but we don't know the genders yet.
      I also found out a few years ago that my paternal grandmother had another set of twins after my Dad and his brother. According to my Aunt they were conjoined but died at birth. This would have been nearly 100 years ago.
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        So I've had a big bright blue streak in my hair for ~3 days now, and so far the only people to notice have been my immediate coworkers (J's only comment was "I was wondering when you'd finally do that" and one of my junior CWs thinks it's awesome).

Yup, mom can see a hair out of place from across the room, but not notice this...? Maybe I should do my whole head next time and see what the reaction is (this stuff washes out after a few shampoos).
        Heh, I feel ya. One of my sisters had her hair cut really short, and the other one has not said a word. No "why'd you do that?", no "it looks cute" or even "oh that's different." I get that she might not like the cut, but at least find a neutral-good remark, y'know?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• My grocery store is in the process of rearranging EVERYTHING. This morning all the customers were wandering about like lost souls unable to find peace. Or the sloppy joe sauce. Used to be by the tomatoes.

Not anymore.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            My grocery store is in the process of rearranging EVERYTHING. This morning all the customers were wandering about like lost souls unable to find peace. Or the sloppy joe sauce. Used to be by the tomatoes.

Not anymore.
            Ugh I HATE when they do that. Pretty sure the reason is to get you to spend more time wandering around the store and (so they hope) filling your cart with stuff you might not otherwise have noticed.

Comment

• I keep getting all these coupons for 'game day snacks'. It almost makes me wish I was going to be watching a game sometime.

Comment

• Slam-banging around the kitchen and muttering is really not the best way to indicate you have some sort of problem. Words tend to work, generally, but I know better than to say anything because I don't want my head bitten off for something that I already know is not my fault.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Heh, I feel ya. One of my sisters had her hair cut really short, and the other one has not said a word. No "why'd you do that?", no "it looks cute" or even "oh that's different."
                  Well, mom noticed...and apparently the color makes my hair clump up (no, you started in on me before I could comb it through and wouldn't let me finish). Go figure, everyone else at work loves it. Well, if she doesn't want me to get it done professionally/semipermanently this is my only option...well, this or spray-in stuff, which will look even worse.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• So much trouble with this new novel. But my husband sent me an article about the cycle of vengeance among clans in Papua New Guinea (this story has nothing whatsoever to do with Papua New Guinea) and something just snapped together in my brain. The blocks are gone. I had the wrong antagonist, you guys. THE WRONG ANTAGONIST. WTF? But it's better now. I can do this.

Comment

• Sent a 10 pound package to my son, DDL & 2 grandkids... Shipping was $68.95... and they'll have to pay 17-18% customs duty on the shipping and the value of the goodies.

... but the grandkids (48 & 21 months) as a patronymic duty need Reese's... PB cups (regular, white & dark), Piece's, and cookies, with personal mini cast iron skillets to fight with.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• I picked up a book I had put down weeks ago, and flipped through it to see if I'd left a bookmark in it anywhere.

I did find a $10 bill ... no idea whether that was the "bookmark" ...
                        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                          I picked up a book I had put down weeks ago, and flipped through it to see if I'd left a bookmark in it anywhere.

I did find a $10 bill ... no idea whether that was the "bookmark" ...
                          At the used-book store I work for, we do occasionally find money in books -- my boss says he once found a $100 bill. Somewhat more often we find photos, including nude photos of what's presumably the owner and/or their boy/girlfriends....

Comment

• One of aunts kept pictures of her kids in the family Bible. Not really a big deal until you learned they were nekkid baby pics. Yeah that aunt was a little out there.
                            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Naked babies are adorable. I have no naked baby pictures of mine, just because of what other people might think, but naked babies are cute.

Recently, like in the past year, I have seen people use the phrase 'kindly decline'. Usually like, "My neighbor asked me to cut down my tree but I kindly declined."

Was this phrase in existence before? To my ears it sounds like a mistake, like someone meant they graciously or politely declined but couldn't think of the right word. I can't think of a way to kindly decline anything, especially because it usually seems to be used in situations where the decliner thinks what is asked is unreasonable.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                                Recently, like in the past year, I have seen people use the phrase 'kindly decline'. Usually like, "My neighbor asked me to cut down my tree but I kindly declined."

Was this phrase in existence before? To my ears it sounds like a mistake, like someone meant they graciously or politely declined but couldn't think of the right word. I can't think of a way to kindly decline anything, especially because it usually seems to be used in situations where the decliner thinks what is asked is unreasonable.
                                I read it as sardonic if not outright sarcastic, in the same vein as "Bless their heart(s)".

Comment

Working...
                                X