This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer stuck on railroad tracks

For those of us who don't like the Hummer, I thought this photo was amusing. Apparently, someone was doing some off-roading out west, and got hung up on the tracks. It's a good thing the train was able to stop...or maybe not, depending on what you think of the vehicle

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/sho...aspx?id=469646
    Last edited by protege; 08-16-2006, 06:46 PM. Reason: Duh, it would help if I posted the link :p
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

While it's funny. It looks fake to me, shadows aren't in the right places or missing on the hummer. If you look at the tracks you'll see the sun is 10-11 o'clock. Which should put tree shadows on the hummer. Also the shadows under the hummer are a different degree than the rest of the shadows.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Not real...

But to me, the shadows look like they are at high-noon. Now, the tree shadows you are seeing are probably from the cluster of shadows. Unless the thing ran out of gas, I doubt it'd get stuck on those tracks. They are capable of a lot more than that.
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

If you look at the shadows of the train or trees, you'll get an idea where the sun is. Then look at the shadows of the hummer (under it), you'll see it then. If it was near the "entrance" of the tunnel, it should be in the shadows of the tunnel (base on the shadows shown on the train). If it was further out, then the hummer should be casting just as long of a shadow the train is doing. Which makes it a fake in my book.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
        X