This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the 100th time...

yes we close earlier now. It says so on the sign on the door. I must have told about 100 customers in less than an hour that we closed at 6PM. As a lot attendant, I'm used to this, especially on Sundays where we close at an earlier time than other days. Usually I get two or three people who drive by and ask if we're open.

TBF, most didn't put up much of a fuss. They'd just want to know when we open tomorrow and then leave it at that, but there were a few that were insistent. One was a woman who left her wrench in the store and having a damn near panic attack. Fortunately, MOD happened to be by the door and was able to deal with her. Another was a couple who was pestering me about a sander they were renting. This was 20 minutes after we had already closed. A half hour later, they stop me again. Apparently, they didn't get the cord to the sander they rented. Fortunately, after they called the store, they left me alone.

But still, what part of closed don't they understand?

What part of the greater good don't they understand. They should feel fortunate that the store is even open at all. Oh right, sucky customer "logic" - they understand what's going on, just make sure they have no change to their life at all.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
      It’s the part where the doors are locked, they can’t get in, and the staff have a life outside of serving their self-absorbed asses that they don’t understand. Hope that clears it up
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
        The part that's inconvenient to them, of course.

Comment

We had the same thing happen at my store.

We are now closing three hours early (8 p.m.) but this was before that happened. It was on Crazy Thursday, when we were overrun with customers. I normally work four-hour shifts; on Crazy Thursday I was there nearly eight hours. Finally we closed the doors at our normal closing time ... only to have some guy run up and pound on the doors.

Coworker: "I'm sorry, sir, we're closed."

SC: "MY WATCH SAYS IT'S TWO MINUTES TO ELEVEN!!!"

CW: "Sorry, sir, but we're closed."

The guy ended up screaming and cursing at her. Didn't get him anywhere.

Yes, you wait until literally the last few minutes and then get pissed off because we closed at our normal time.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

We've had a few customers come up and yank on the door without looking at the signs saying we're closed due to COVID-19. One customer just stared at me through the door. I had to tap on the back of the sign to get him to read it. Then he walked around to the drive-thru, which is still open. We've had a number of customers call, both to ask if we're open and to ask what our drive-thru hours are. They haven't changed in almost 10 years.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              We've had a number of customers call, both to ask if we're open and to ask what our drive-thru hours are. They haven't changed in almost 10 years.
              To be fair, a lot of supermarkets have reduced hours so that their staff have more time to clean and re-stock.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                To be fair, a lot of supermarkets have reduced hours so that their staff have more time to clean and re-stock.
                Yeah, I get that. But we're a bank. We have pretty stereotypical banker's hours. I can't imagine any reason we would need to reduce our hours even further.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Some banks have changed their hours. My credit union has taken an hour off their open hours on each end. Now only open 10-4 weekdays, and no Saturday hours any more.
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I just had the opposite happen. Some coffee shop employee came up to the door I was at and expected me to move on to the other door, as there was a second door that was open, but busy. But I was not going into the coffee shop. I had no interest in it. As I told the employee, I was only reading the new signs on the door. Coffee isn't my thing.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                      We've done that now. Open at 7 a.m. to senior and people with health issues (although we don't demand ID so naturally we get some non-seniors and non-health-issues folks coming in then). We now close at 8 p.m.I hope the idiot in my previous story hasn't tried to come in at our previous closing time, THAT would be something to watch.

We also now have these crudely set-up barriers in the middle of the outside entryway ... along with ENTRANCE in huge red spray-painted lettering on the sidewalk on one side. Not sure if EXIT is painted on the other side. Not to mention the ginormous hand-washing gadget between the two sets of doors, that you can use on your way in/out of the store, before/after touching the buggies.

Also, we don't sell lottery tickets anymore. Not sure what that has to do with COVID; the tickets get spit out by a machine and we (the cashiers, anyway) do NOT redeem them. Possibly it's because the smoke shop used to both sell and redeem them? I'm not sure.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        We've done that now. Open at 7 a.m. to senior and people with health issues (although we don't demand ID so naturally we get some non-seniors and non-health-issues folks coming in then)..
                        I shop if I absolutely have to using the senior/health issue hours. Someone claimed the purple implanted port card I had was fake, there was nothing wrong with the girl in the purple wheelchair ... so I slipped the zipper on my port access tshirt and pressed the skin to show the outlines of the implanted port ... shut them up immediately.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

You could have had that done just to take advantage of the sweet shopping hours.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            ISomeone claimed the purple implanted port card I had was fake, there was nothing wrong with the girl in the purple wheelchair ...
                            The thing to realize is that bullies like this know perfectly well their victim is indeed handicapped -- and consider them a target of opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                            X