This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China

Rick sized up the balor, which brandish their enchanted weapons and roar at him. The troll thumped his fist off his massive chest and bellowed a challenge, and leapt at them. He ducked under a red flame whip lash, his shoulder colliding with the first balor's knee, buckling it. The balor may have been bigger than any of the troll-kin, but Rick knew that he and his fellow troll-kin were faster, and he used that to his advantage. As Balor #1 dropped its whip as it fell to one knee, Rick rose and swung a fist straight into the side of its head into its ear. Rick knew that if the balor had been human, that blow certainly would have ruptured an eardrum, if not outright killed them. It certainly disoriented Balor #1.

This had all happened in just a few moments, and Balor #2 snapped its red flame whip at him. Rick bellowed with fury as it stung his forehead, and he used the kneeling Balor #1's shoulders to launch himself at #2's face, driving it back against one of the big stone pillars, his fists pummeling its head.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

China

Rick had enough time to see a flaming sword coming from behind him when he is pushed out of the way. The flaming sword sinks into Hilda's flesh, who just grins. "We change foes yes? Yours can not hurt me, mine can not hurt you? Good Ja?" Her point is proven when the wound..which would not have been able to heal on Rick due to being fire based heals right up on her. She catches one of his foes in a bear hug, and Rick can hear bones cracking and snapping. The Balor bellows in pain.

However, one of the ones that are targeting Hilda now has a very good and clear shot at her.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
        Outside of Rome

There is a small army of spiders demons. Not much of a threat to a zombie (their poison and such would not affect him, and none of them are big enough to bite his head off)...so why they are so brazen to be out in the open and visible is something to wonder about.
        As the trio approached the spider demons, they transformed into their monster forms. They noticed the spider demons are coming from an opening on the far side of the ruins. Keeping an eye open for Lloth, they split up to surround and attack the spider demons.

Lema circled to the right, biting at the spider demons and releasing her poisonous breath onto them from each of her heads. She kept a couple of heads high on the lookout for Lloth.

Kriss circled to the left, casting her gaze upon the spider demons and turning them to stone. As her tail swung back and forth, stoned and unstoned spider demons alike were knocked back into those waiting to attack.

Reggie headed up the middle. He grabbed a couple of spider demons, bit them to infect them, and tossed them to the rear of the mass. After a moment or two, those infected started attacking the other spider demons. Reggie then snatched up and bit spider demons in the head, sucking out part of its brain, not that there was much to suck on. Reggie hated doing this because the taste was very bitter. Afterwards he would toss it back into the waiting mass, sowing disorder in the back ranks. He began tossing them back without biting them to let the bitter taste subside. One of the live ones he tossed passed across Krisss’ gaze. As it passed, it turned to stone and smashed into those further back. This seemed like a good ploy, so he starting tossed several in that direction. While doing this he kept an eye on the infected spider demons, and when they were killed would infect another and throw it into the mass.

The battle seemed endless, although it had only started a few minutes ago. During it all, Lema, Krisss and Reggie all wondered when and how Lloth would strike.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"Egypt?" Sunny said aloud. "Don't know how to explain that to the 'rents." She glanced over at the Sasquatch and the ghost. "Do we have frequent flier miles or something?"
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

They smile. "Money is not much of an object. Some of us have been around a long time and have saved up quite a bit over the years. Dracule's wealth alone could buy several airlines and have enough left over for a fleet of ships. As for your parents, the Organization will handle them." The ghost holds out their hand. "It will be a trip of a lifetime..if you are in."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sunny cautiously reached for the ghost's hand, wondering if it was even possible to hold a ghost's hand.

"I don't think my parents know about me...I never told them, I've just been hiding it. But I want to help if I can."

Comment

Sunny
                She finds the ghosts hand is as solid as hers, but has a distinct feeling that the ghost can change that at will. "Unless you are adopted my dear, at least one already knows. As this passes through the bloodlines. Your birth parents would know about the organization." As the other member ((the sasquatch)) took the ghosts hand..the whole world turned white and the trio pass through a odd fog..and once through stand not far outside their destination.

Nanti cautions Sunny. "Remember, we are not here to draw attention, if you and Nomain will cause a minor" she puts emphasis on the word minor, "distraction I will simply slip in, and slip out with none the wiser."

Outside Rome

The fight is easy, too easy..the spiders seem to pose no real threat to the group. They can not even pierce the hide of Krisss when in monster form, and any minor damage they do to Reggie or Lema regenerate almost immediately. At least...until a dark skinned woman steps out. She has pale white hair, slightly pointed ears, and is dressed somewhat..provocatively. Before Reggie or the other two can blink she has out a mirror, and Krisss suddenly is made of stone. Chuckling, she draws a scythe made of fire. "Come my little flies, my web is nice and cozy." She seems very adept at using that weapon, swinging it effortlessly in slow circling arcs.
                Last edited by Mytical; 10-28-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  ((Doing each individually, so will be a ton of updates))

Cain looks at Livia. "I am afraid we have the most difficult task. We are going after a Nazi Medal that was given out for the greatest heroism. Malbozias general Bacus will be most interested in getting his hands on it. He uses Pit Fiends..some of the nastiest of demons. It is in a museum in Berlin. We will leave as soon as you are ready."

Vlaad chuckles. "Most dangerous my wing. They are brutes, no finesse at all." You know he means the demons. *snip*
                  Livia, Astir and Cain do some preliminary handshaking and introductions, but any lengthy chats will have to wait until they've arrived at their destination. Berlin! thinks Livia. A city she has always wanted to visit but, for some reason, never before managed to actually get to.

And of course, now that I'm going there, I can forget sightseeing, or even historical or linguistic research ... I'm going to be dodging demons -- Dämonen -- and trying to locate a Nazi medal.

Once they've settled into their hotel -- a pleasant place with the improbable name of The Circus Hotel -- they gather in her room to discuss ways and means. Nobody has unpacked much; they are expecting to have to move again -- fast.

Livia's also pleased to be working with a second werewolf. This means she has a good idea of the powers and capabilities of at least one of her two partners.

"We might as well continue our introductions until 'somebody' shows up with our orders," says Livia. "Cain, you have traditional werewolf skills ... any other powers you'd care to confess to? And how about you, Astir?"

Edited because sometimes I don't read very well ...
                  Last edited by Pixilated; 10-29-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

At the Meeting

My eyes are wide as I hear the different pedigrees surrounding me. I mean, I knew, intellectually, that all of these other monsters, these people were out there, but to actually be in the same room with all of them is, well, more than a bit intimidating.

I listen as the teams are set up, my eyes managing to go even wider as I learn of my own. These are names out of legend, even for those of us who are legends. I mean, Tut is one thing, but Enestia? The Enestia?!? I give a nervous smile back to her nod, feeling as though my stomach is full of moths.

*** Later ***

Egypt

I had never been to Egypt, but I knew enough about it to write a masters thesis. And now, here I was, stepping onto the soil where my ancestors came from. I had plans to visit eventually, I was just saving the money to make the trip.

Not only that, but I was keeping company with two of the most famous of to come from this land. I mean, sure, I was a mummy, like Tut, but nobody knew the names of either of my parents except perhaps the others of our collective society. And as far as I knew, there was only one Sphinx.

"Ok, so, now that we're here and situated, I guess it's off to the Giza Plateau, then?"

(sorry for being so late... forgot that the thread would move >_< )

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Rick swung around to glare at whomever pushed him away. The longer he let his trollish nature rule, the more of a berserker he became. But he recognized Hilda's usefulness in this, grinned toothily, and then leapt forward again, once again using the hapless Balor #1 as a launching pad, the force of his landing on and launching off the monster's shoulders driving it face-first into the floor as he cannoned into Balor #3, grabbing its frost-flamed whip (which it had been snapping at Hilda) in mid-air as he passed #3's head, looping the whip around its own throat.

Using the whip-cum-garrote like a bridle, he swung the Balor's head into the nearest column, then jumped down its back, grabbing its wings and planting his feet into its spine as he roared a challenge and tore its wings off. As Balor #3 fell with a scream, Rick stomped his foot down on its spine with bone-crunching force, brandishing the severed wings triumphantly.

"HEAVYWEIGHT!" he roared. "CHAMPION! OF THE WORLD!" He tossed the wings down, laced his fists together and brought them down with a skull-crushing hammerblow to Balor #3. He beckoned for the next frost-weaponed Balor to attack, grinning again. "COME AT ME, BRO," he chuckled deeply.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Sunny looked to the Sasquatch. "Okay, how minor are we talking here?"

Comment

Quoth Mytical;1091822[B
                          Outside Rome[/B]

Before Reggie or the other two can blink she has out a mirror, and Krisss suddenly is made of stone. Chuckling, she draws a scythe made of fire. "Come my little flies, my web is nice and cozy." She seems very adept at using that weapon, swinging it effortlessly in slow circling arcs.
                          Lloth swings her scythe at Lema, cutting off a head, which is immediately replaced by two more. Reggie grabs a spider, infects it, and throws it at Lloth’s head while commanding it to hold on tight. The spider gasps Lloth’s head, momentarily blinding and disorienting her. As he ducks behind the stoned form of Krisss, Reggie tears off one arm and flings it at the scythe. His hand grabs the haft and starts jerking on it, causing Lloth to lose control of it as it starts to swing toward Reggie. The scythe rebounds off of Krisss and back towards Lloth. Lema moves toward Lloth and attacks.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                            Vatican City

Mina hisses "It's a trap! Stealth is out of the window. My husband, let us show them why we have the reputation we do!" She transforms into her 'Vampire' form, all pretense out the window. Somehow she seems bigger then she was.

Dracule nods "Arisa, the target remains the same..we will cover you..get that to safety!" He transforms also, and also seems much larger then life. His movements are almost impossible to track as he charges into the people..who are transforming into the demons they actually are. He and Mina look like they have things handled..except a couple of demons heading straight for the cross.
                            Vatican City

Arisa froze. Knowing vampires, demons, mummies, and other monsters existed was one thing. Actually seeing it was quite another.

"Arisa, move!" Dracula bellowed above the sounds of battle. He and Mina were tearing through the demons like tissue paper, but both were too far away to protect the cross. She locked gazes with Dracula for just a moment, but that was all it took. Arisa felt something snap within her as her emergency response reflexes kicked into gear and she was diving for the case. Or rather, the pair of demons trying to get to it before her.

Without even thinking about it, she felt her physical form start to change. Great, leathery wings the color of moonlight stretched from her back and connected to her ankles. Her feet and hands formed talons which she intended to put to good use momentarily. She had to hand it to whomever had constructed this building; the high ceiling gave her the altitude she needed to execute a screaming dive into the first demon. It went crashing into the glass case, shattering it. Well, that solves that, she thought. Arisa pounced on the second demon, sinking her fangs deep into its neck. The taste of demon's blood was acrid and bitter on her tongue, but strangely rejuvenating. It awakened the primal nature buried deep within her. She tossed the corpse aside once it was sufficiently drained.

More and more of the demons were coming. As impressive as Dracula and Mina were as a team, they were still only two against the hordes. Arisa bared her fangs and spread her wings to make herself look larger than she was. The demons chittered among themselves, clearly not impressed. A few of them tried to get past her to claim the cross for themselves only to be shredded by Arisa's talons.

She realized even with her new-found strength and powers, the odds were decidedly not in her favor. As more demons clustered and prepared to charge, Arisa grabbed one end of the cross and swung with all her might. There was a satisfying crunch as it collided with the knot of demons.

Dracula was right: she had to get that cross out of here. She caught his eye for a brief second and he gave a curt nod. But not before he flashed her a proud smile. As soon as there was an opening, Arisa grabbed the cross in her talons and took off for a high, stained glass window. Precious artifact as it was, the cross was a blunt object. And blunt objects were perfect for smashing windows.

Arisa tore for the open sky. The first blush of dawn was glowing in the distance and she knew she couldn't keep this form much longer. She wanted to put as many miles between her and the demons as possible before then. She flew until she could feel the burn of the first rays of sunlight on her skin. Cautiously, she set down in the gardens and shifted back into her human form.

Trembling, she hid the cross in a particularly thick copse of trees and sat down next to it. There was no way she would be able to keep a cross this big and recognizable hidden for long in daylight. And now that the sun was up, she was confined to her human form which was much less durable than the bat form she'd just learned how to use. Hopefully if she was limited in daylight, so were the demons. Then there was the matter of being separated from Dracula and Mina. While she was sure they were fine, a part of her worried for their safety. She didn't know who Orcus was and likely wouldn't have recognized him if he'd been there. Had he been? And if so, did he know she'd gotten away with the cross? Would he now be hunting her? How long should she wait before this qualified as "something going wrong" and find the Pope?

She pulled a rumpled tourist map from her bodice and studied it trying to get her bearings. Thankfully, Vatican City wasn't very large, so St Peter's Basilica was never far. It seemed as good a place as any to start. If she stuck to cover as much as possible, she just might make it by mid morning. Warily, she eyed the cross. Dragging that blasted thing around was going to slow her down. Not to mention make her the biggest target for the underworld. But it couldn't be helped. Arisa settled the cross on her shoulders and started in the direction of the Basilica hoping somehow Dracula would find her before Orcus did.
                            I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Kayln's head was swimming. So much information. Well glad I packed for a trip. When will be leaving and how will we get there?

And she thought to herself, I wonder what Ethel is, she seems like a grandmother that should be spoiling her grandkids and baking, not fighting the ultimate evil.
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Germany

Cain chuckles "Well, yes there is much more to me then just the first werewolf. However, I will reveal what after our mission. I have a feeling we have eyes watching us."

Astir nods "Me too. I have no issue saying that I too am a werewolf. With similar abilities to yours..though I might be stronger as I am a bit older."

A knock on the door, and Astir opens the door. Livia is getting the impression that Cain does not change from his werewolf form that often. How he remains unseen is a neat trick.

Astir comes back with an envelope. "It seems that the medal is on the move in an armored car..it seems we might be a little late. Our foes are on the move."

Cain curses. "That means that we are walking right into a trap. Yet, we can not let them keep that medal." He looks at Livia. "We will have to fight, and it will be messy. Are you ready?"

Egypt

Enestia nods "We are headed to the Pyramid, but I must tell you something. Something you must keep to yourself, until you know for a fact that it is time to reveal it. Promise me, what I am about to tell you..you will keep this secret until you receive the sign."

Kanalah

Nomain chuckles "Big enough to draw attention, but nothing that will get you arrested."

Reggie

Lloth hisses and throws down the scythe. "I told the fool that my way would be much more efficient." She transforms into a half spider, half female..that is about 20' tall. She is HUGE. She jumps and bite into Lema..quickly poisoning her. However, Lema tears into her also..and wraps her up. Lema manages to tear her apart before dying herself. Silence falls....the other spider demons vanish in foul puffs. Reggie is left alone with a dead Lloth, a dead Lema, and a Krisss turned to stone...

St Peter Basilica

Arisa makes it to the Basilica, as the cross seems a lot lighter then she would have expected. Though it is unwieldy, it is about half as heavy as it should be for the size. Still heavy, just not as heavy as it should be. When she arrives, in her mind she hears a voice. "My child, make your way back to the headquarters with the cross. We will not be joining you. I am afraid neither of us have made it. This is the last time I will be able to contact you, I set this up in case things went bad. At least you do not have to find the pope and claim sanctuary. Travel only during the day, when the demons are weakest. Find places to hide during the night. You must get that cross to headquarters at all costs."

Kayln

Ethel pats Kaylns hands. "Leave that to me deary. Our travel to our destination will not take long at all." She cackles, and transforms. Her hair becomes almost strawlike in nature, she hunches over a little more, and her nose becomes longer with a wart on the end. "Magic is sort of my specialty." Ethel reveals herself to be a Witch ((Note to others. Not Wiccan, Witch. The broom riding, black cat familiar having type of witch.)) She takes Kaylns and Van Helsing's hand. "Bat wing stew and by rats matted hair, give us a way to take us there!" A small Tornado appears inside the headquarters, sweeps up the trio, and leaving a wake of strewn papers and overturned furniture sweeps them off.

Inside the tornado it is not uncomfortable, though very..windy. By the time it sets down outside Salem Mass..Kaylns, Ethels, and Van Helsings hair look like they have just woken up from a horrible nightmare that had caused them to toss and turn all night.

Van Helsing mutters "I hate traveling that way, but I got to admit, it is much faster then any other means we can travel." He turns to Kayln. "The object of our quest is in the Salem witchtrial museum. Me and Ethel will cause a distraction, you sweep in and grab the chalice and meet us here. Try not to reveal what we are, but speed beats all. If you must transform, do so. We no longer have time for niceness."
                                Last edited by Mytical; 10-31-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X