This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibliophile reporting in.

I got referred here by a former old-time memeber of the site. He went by the handle of crystallinesliveruw, whatever the hell that means. He told me about this site 5 months back before he left the store and got his book deal. I procrastinated because I really didn't think I needed a way to vent the customers that i get. Thats what Empty Box-Boxes and Steel-Toed boots are for. But as of late i've thought about having this place as a backup of sorts. (Long story, and I have no idea that Boxes could be dangerously lethal.)

Anyway, my login name here reflects a character from the manga and anime Negima, namely Nodoka Miyazaki, a.k.a "Bookstore." This login name is the Japanese saying of Bookstore. I wanted to go with the Latin name of her nickname, but I only knew "Pudica" was the first word. And i'm not really a Yomiko Readman type of bibliophile.

I've been working in retail since I was 19. Mostly in small boutique shops, which ironiclly go bankrupt months later after I was hired. So I managed to get my ass into a semi-stable Bookstore chain and i've done pretty good for myself. But being in a bookstore, you get the weird requests, people who don't understand you can't stock every single want, and the kids.

Hopefully I can enjoy myself here.

Come on in and join the fun. I can see a few good posts already

Rapscallion

Comment

Hi I'm looking for a book? It's blue? ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. As you can see from my name, I also worked in a bookstore. I still work with books but on the distribution side. Some days I miss being in the store but then I come here and read all the stories from my bookstore brethren (sistren? I think most of the book people are girls...) and I am cured of that right quick. I do miss seeing all the new releases and being able to borrow hardcovers. Oh well, somehow I survive...

Anyway, ! Can't wait to read your stories...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Thank you Thank You. Can I get unmoderated now?

Comment

There's an automated system in place to do that, but you're already off it.

Rapscallion

Comment

WOW!!! Did I ever fall behind.

I just realized that I never officially said to CS, Hon'ya-chan.

Some "Official Greeter" I am.

Anyway, great to see that you just jumped right in and started posting.
            Last edited by Ree; 08-22-2007, 11:54 PM.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X