Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent out the five international cards today. Working on the rest now.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Two more cards have arrived - morgana and kit! Thanks!
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• All mine went out today!
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• mathnerd,Sarlon and taxguykarl have all arrived and contributed to my new collection of Postmarks from Each of the United States
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Got a card from smiley today

(I'll have to try that recipe on the back of it. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.)

And I've made my annual trek to the post office today, so some of you should start seeing cards next week. International cards may get there right at Christmas if not shortly after, depending on how the speed of mail travel is working this season.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Got taxguykarl and smiley's ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• My cards will go out next week. Rained all day today so I haven't gone out to check the mail.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Got all mine out today!
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Mine will be going out today.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Lessee...Cards: acquired. Glitter: present. Debatably witty line to write in there: done. Stock in Hoover: purchased. I'm all ready! Stamps: ...I'll get back to you on that.

Internationals going out this week, others as they get done.

Got Parking Witch's -- it came with a bunch of shiny little green shuriken! ^_^ My SIL insists that they're holly leaves of something, but we know better -- what better way to disguise them?
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• My cards are winging their way overseas and I got two more today: Sarlon, and ParkingWitch and partner. Thanks so much, particularly for the lovely mittens and calender!

Comment

• Minor rant.. it costs 97p to send a standard Christmas card from GB to most of the world. So Royal Mail in their wisdom choose not to issue a 97p Christmas stamp.Instead we get the usual 'stick-a-pin-in-a-list-of-numbers-to-get-the-prices'.

We have a £2.15-which serves no postal rate at all... and they've now reduced the price of a small parcel,so when you send your wombat-in-a-box,there's no suitable stamp to fit it and you have to do mental maths to add up the stamps that will make that amount.... ends
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Minor rant.. it costs 97p to send a standard Christmas card from GB to most of the world. So Royal Mail in their wisdom choose not to issue a 97p Christmas stamp.Instead we get the usual 'stick-a-pin-in-a-list-of-numbers-to-get-the-prices'.

We have a £2.15-which serves no postal rate at all... and they've now reduced the price of a small parcel,so when you send your wombat-in-a-box,there's no suitable stamp to fit it and you have to do mental maths to add up the stamps that will make that amount.... ends
                            I spent 1.15 (American dollars) per international stamp this year. Seems to be the going rate for all the countries I sent cards out to.

This year on the Forever stamps, they allowed the option to choose the exact number a customer needs (this is through the self serve kiosk) and the machine prints and spits 'em out. They had Rudolph this year, BTW.

And before I forget, I got a card from Mathnerd today. Cute puppies. Reminds me of Buddy when he was small (and that was a decade ago. Can't tell it now.)
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I'm amused, DGoddessChardonnay, as I got yours today as well. I also got TaxGuyKarl's today.
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• It's cost me AU$2.55 per card this year. (US$2.12 or GBP 1.35). Ouch.

Comment

Working...
                                X