This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're Animals....

Not clothes or toys or general things you can just give away or sell when you don't want them anymore!

Just a rant.

About a year ago, our family ended up adopting a very adorable Tiger kitten, because my brother's girlfriend stupidly went and got him without her parents' permission (her parents supposedly hate cats), and kept him in her room until they found out and flipped out. My parents graciously offered to take him when her father said the cat goes, NOW. It was only right anyway, because my brother paid to have him fixed and declawed, so he wasn't going to let her just give him away or sell him to someone else.

So, just weeks after we took the kitten in as our own, does little girl learn a lesson?

She goes online again, and gets ANOTHER kitten. Supposedly this time, her parents say it's ok to keep it, under whatever stipulations. She actually keeps this one for quite a few months (it's fall, almost winter now)....until.....oh my, she finds someone has puppies for sale online. And her parents say if she wants the puppy, she has to get rid of that cat. Considering now that the kitten is grown and must have outlived her usefulness or whatever.

So, she sells her cat to someone online, and gets the puppy.

Fast forward to recently. She wants her own apartment, no dogs allowed. Her parents say they'll keep the puppy, because they've grown attached to it. Personally, I know how hard it is to find a place that allows any pets whatsoever, so I let that slide, even though she just got the darn dog a few months ago.

Until....

Last weekend, little brother tells me she went to the pet store every day from Wednesday to Saturday to see this kitten for sale.

And the other day, she went and adopted the kitten.

Can I just say, this is NOT fair. At all. These aren't hand me down clothes, or unwanted toys or things you just get rid of when it isn't convenient or useful for you anymore!

The only thing I'm thankful for, is now at least, this was a pet store, and they have documentation of the adoption, so she can't pull this kind of crap repeatedly with the pet store.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Hi. I see you've met my sister's clone. Did I mention that one of the dogs she adopted, killed my dog? And then they covered it up so that Mom wouldn't go and ban her from buying that breed ever again (she's not...very bright). You can't imagine how much joy I get when mom talks about my dog as though she died of a heart attack... >.o
    My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

I'm so sorry about your doggy

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        I'm so sorry about your doggy
        Thanks. She had always had seizures and heart problems, so while her time was near, I was sort of hoping it wouldn't be from another dog. I'm pissed at both ends; my sister for keeping the dog, when it had a history of being rough, and my dad for going along with the situation and hiding it. I know my mom's dumber than a bag of bricks, but telling her a lie, and then telling her to tell ME the lie, is not going to leave a good taste in my mouth. In fact, it was a good reminder of why I live all the way across the US from them.

Comment

That's just a horrible way to lose a pet.

It's a shame your family cared more about your sister and her awful dog than your own loss.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            That's just a horrible way to lose a pet.

It's a shame your family cared more about your sister and her awful dog than your own loss.
            That's the way it's always been for me, so I just ignore it. To their credit, though, after the attack, they did get rid of the dog. They didn't keep it, thank god.

Comment

That's so sad - but unfortunately not too uncommon. My fiance's ex-wife is that way - she has "puppy/kitty" syndrome and every year she gets a new kitten or puppy, but as soon as they become full grown she gets rid of them. I just don't understand it.
              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Very sad. We're also coming up on the time of year when we have to run public service announcements reminding people not to get their kids cute little bunny rabbits or downy yellow chicks as Easter gifts.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                X