This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something touching to end the day

I thought I'd share something my two y/o son (The Boy) said to me that brought me to tears.

*background*
    My father passed away early Thursday morning after a very short, aggressive battle with bladder cancer. My SO, The Boy, and I had traveled down (we live 3.5 hrs away) after my step-mom had called and told us it was time. On our way down, SO and I were telling The Boy why we were going down. We told him "Papa is very sick and we are going to say bye-bye and to help make Nanny happy." He understood about Papa being sick and making Nanny happy but of course didn't understand the goodbye (we weren't trying to have him understand) FTR: The Boy did a wonderful job with being good with "sick Papa" and helping to make Nanny happy. /Background

Today I had been telling SO and The Boy about the news article in the LA Times about my Dad's passing and showed the picture of my Dad that was along with the article from back in his running days. Hours later after doing "The Ritual" for The Boy's bedtime (brush teeth, tuck in etc...) I was walking out of his room when he calls out "Mommy?" I walk over there and sit on his bed.

"Papa not sick anymore. Papa all better now. Papa happy." and he turned to sleep.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

That's so sweet!
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Bless him.

I'm sorry about your father, Spork *gives big hug*
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. Your son sounds like a really sweet kid.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

That is adorable

My condolences to the passing of your father. Sounds like your kid seemed to understand the concept in the end. Very cute.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm sorry about your dad. Glad your son brings joy to you. Kids are amazing.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

How beautiful. Your son is a gem, and very smart, too. I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. *hug*
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Thank you for the condolences...and yes my son has been amazing throughout all this.
                Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Working...
                X