This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my mind today!

Well today I lost it I dont know what I was thinking it just happened. Im a superviers at a convinance store and for the past month we have had so many shoplifting episodes that we are on a first name baises with the cops. Only problem is the chain I work with is too cheap to get our security updated. So we can see what ur doing on the camras but its not recorded so they wont do anything to these shoplifters. There has been a gang of shoplifters that have been hitting us for the past two weekes for what seems like everyother day. The last time I had a run in with them there were four of them and just two of us workers on Sunday. Well today one came in and I recognised him but just couldnt place him. So I kept an eye on him but wasnt too worryed because my manager was fixing the liqure section. But when she walked past me I took off to the registers. As soon as I got there what do I see....numbskull is putting a bottle in his pants! At this point I lose it! My only thought is Hell no hes not getting one more bottle from this store!So do I spring into action and take him down??? Or quickly call the police??? No my dumb self yells out "Excuse me please put the bottle back and leave this store NOW!" And he does!!! And the calmly walks out the store but while hes leaveing I make him pull up his shirt so I can see that theres nothing else there that belongs to us. Once out side he starts to freak out and trys to get out of our parking lot ASAP! Now I got the whole store teasing me that not only am I bold but very polite too lol. Just amazing what your mind makes you do when your not thinking lol. How sad!

well.... you also did nothing he can try to sue you over
    and i think you scared the crap out of him too

maybe that'll be enough to stop that one thief at least?

Comment

Sometimes the body just goes on auto pilot and leaves the mind behind.
      I've been mugged twice in my life. Both times I had several hundred dollars on me.
      Both times it was 2 guys. Both times I just held onto my wallet and screamed my head of and kicked and hit until they gave up and took off while I kept my money.
      And both times, I threw up afterwards, shaking and think WTF did I just do and WHY?!!!
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

HAHAHA, i'm sorry your'e getting teased, but i agree with pepperelf, you let the dude know that you caught him red handed but at the same time he cant sue you for anything, kudos
        zzZZzz* no I'm not making any more potatos, I'm going to sleep!!!!* zzZZzz

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
          I've been mugged twice in my life. Both times I had several hundred dollars on me.
          Both times it was 2 guys. Both times I just held onto my wallet and screamed my head of and kicked and hit until they gave up and took off while I kept my money.
          I have recurring dreams (nightmares?) about this happening to me, although it has never happened in real life, not counting the one time I was robbed at gunpoint when I worked at a gas station back in 1979.

I've not had it recently, but that just means it's time to have it again sometime soon.
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
          X