Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now for the toothbrushes (not to be read during/just after lunch)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now for the toothbrushes (not to be read during/just after lunch)

Following my theme for years old stories with both foil and rotary electric shavers, the starring role now turns to electric toothbrushes, and here we have several tales of truely epic fail.

Cleanliness is next to godliness

This is such a common theme I'll get it over with straight off, all of the following stories have this as linking factor I'll say it here so as not to repeat myself.

If you take your electric toothbrush back to the store you purchased it from please do the following

1) Please remove the head from the unit, I do NOT want to play with a blood laden toothbrush because your gingivitis has been exacerbated by a proper cleaning process.

2) Please rinse (at the very least) the body of said toothbrush, I do not want to play with a unit which is slimey from a delightful mixture of saliva and used toothpaste

3) Please dry the unit as I dont want to drop it and send a shower of the above charming mixture.

Fun with batteries

All eletrical products have what is known as a useful lifespan. For rechargable products where the cell/battery is non replaceable this is very often the discharge/recharge cycle of said battery. The battery also, normally, contains chemicals and products harmful to the environment and the instructions state how to remove them at the end of its useful life. If you can't figure out how the unit works, this process is not an acceptable form of trouble shooting.

Fun with batteries part 2

Battery toothbrushes are useless (IMHO) and as such they shouldn't be sold, they were never from my department but people still sent customers to me when a fault occured.

Having broken the three cardinal rules (see top story) a woman came to me with a toothbrush that didn't work. I tried to turn it on, and yes it didn't work. I asked the woman if she had changed the batteries in her Braun product (detail important) to which she replied not. Having gained permission from the AM I processed the refund. Once our lady had exited the store I began to play with the product. I could see (this was apparent from the beginning) that the battery compartment had been inserted incorrectly, the only way to remove said compartment was to twist (and in doing so crack the body). As the company now owned the product again I gave it a bash. Once the body was cracked I could remove the battery tray to see two gleaming Tesco batteries!

With both stories I explained to management that the customer had caused the fault, that there was nothing wrong with the product. The manager agreed but still authrised the refund.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.
Working...
X