This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belligerent moron (some language)

First call of the day, guy wants a onsite tech to come back on to fix an issue with the network we set up about 2 weeks ago.

Now when we set up networks (or do anything onsite) almost all the time we give the clients a 30 day warranty. If it breaks down, as long as it is related, we'll fix it. Not this time. The job was done "as-is," meaning no warranty. This is done when the client's computer is infested with spyware/viruses or has Windows issues but the client wants the work done anyway. When this happens the "as-is" applies as the tech knows any issue with his work will be caused by the outstanding issues and there is no point in giving the client a 30 day warranty. Usually, these clients refuse the tech's offer to clean the PC.

In this case, all 3 PCs (including the brand new one!) had these problems.

Anyway, on to the call.

SLD: Me.

SC: Idiot.

SC: I want the agent to come back out and fix one of the PCs, it's not going online.

SLD: (After looking in the notes) I'm sorry sir, but it states in the notes that this job was done as-is due to the pre-existing issues with the units, as such in order for me to send an agent out, I would need to start a new sale and thus a new charge.

SC: WHY? I paid just two weeks ago, why am I being charged again!?
    (Apparently, he doesn't know what "as-is" means)

SLD: Again sir, I am sorry but I can't override this. Due to the circumstances surrounding this, there is no warranty, all services were done as-is.

Rinse and repeat his answer and my response 6 times, each time him getting louder. Then....

SC: If you're going to refuse to service me, then I want a credit of what was done!

SLD: Sorry sir, refunds cannot be performed for services rendered.
    (Is he joking?)

SC: I WANT AN AGENT OUT NOW!

SLD: Sorry sir, the job was done as-is, I can't do that unless you start a new service.

SC: You're just saying the same shit over and over! Bye (*click*)

Obviously he was going to try to pull a fast one on another rep, but guess what? You guessed it. It came back to me, and he changed his story a little bit and he didn't seem to remember me.

SC: I want an agent out to fix an issue with my computer....

SLD: Sir, I was the one you just spoke to, and as I explained before, this job was done as-is. I'm sorry you're fustrated, but you will have to pay again if you want an agent out.

SC: ARGH!!!!!!

SLD: ....

SC: I am tired of you, SEND AN AGENT OUT! I DON'T WANT TO PAY!

SLD: Sir, as I said, this work was done as-is. If you feel that the tech was wrong to give you no warranty, then you can talk to the store where he comes from.

SC: What good is that going to do? SEND AN AGENT OUT!

SLD: Sir, I understand your frustration but I cannot override this. As-is status cannot be changed.

SC: You don't understand, you are refusing to help me! SEND AN AGENT OUT! I DON'T WANT TO PAY!

SLD: At this point sire there is nothing more I do. If you don't want to pay then you can go to the store. I understand sir but there is....

SC: Understanding would be if I punched you in the nose! Just send the damn agent back out! I'm getting nowhere with you!

SLD: Sir, at this time I am telling you, there is nothing I can do.

SC: What is your name?

SLD: SLD, sir.

SC: What is your boss's name?

SLD: I can't give that info, sorry.

SC: Yes you can you just don't want to!

SLD: I assure you I cannot.

SC: Whatever, just send the fucking agent back out!

SLD: Sorry sir, I cannot.

SC: ARGH! I want to choke you! I wish I could ring your neck out!

SLD: Sir, that is the second act of belligerence towards me, if you keep this up I will have to release this call.

SC: Get your manager! Now!

SLD: Gladly. Hold please.

Well my boss heard me and was the one who said I could hang up if I wanted. He took the call and the same thing happened to him.

Last I heard, it said in not so many words he was going to let the store manager "have it."

Great story.

Quoth sld72382 View Post
    SC: You're just saying the same shit over and over! Bye (*click*)
    Quoth sld72382 View Post
    SC: I'm getting nowhere with you!
    Your caller sure was a master of the obvious, wasn't he?
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
      SC: You're just saying the same shit over and over!
      "That may be true, sir. But since you're just saying dumb shit over and over, I figure we're even."

Comment

Nick, you took the words outta my mouth...er...keyboard.

I love customers who do this, thinking that if they ask the same question again and again, they'll get a different answer. The policy is not going to magically change, and I assure you, there is no magic number for how many times you have to ask a question. If the answer was no the first time, it'll be no the 37th time.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X