This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not such a big deal

TTO and I went to the movies tonight! (The Hobbit). We're ordering popcorn and drinks, and I'm paying via card. Unfortunately, the card reader at our till is not working, so the lady directs us to pay at another till.

TTO is guarding the goodies, while I go to pay. The till is just finishing up with another customer - buying a popcorn coke combo, when the customer asks for a straw. The till-lady directs her to the condiment station (with the flavoured salts and straws) less than 3 metres behind her.

"This is ridiculous!" she exclaimed with much irritation, "Why can't you just GIVE them to me? How am I going to get them?"

(Bear in mind, this particular cinema brand has been operating like this for at least the past 5 years if not more. She had one popcorn and one coke, and the stations have ledges that you can rest your goodies on).

Hearing this, I mildly piped up with "It's not such a big deal," whereupon the harpy turned on me, screeched "Why don't you go fuck yourself!" and stormed off. I muttered "Wow, classy" and the till-ladies and I had a good giggle about how some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

Seriously. THREE WHOLE METRES.

If that's the biggest problem in her life, I envy her
    The report button - not just for decoration

It makes sense to have that stuff at a separate counter. The newer theaters where I live do the same thing; then people can set up their snacks to taste without holding up the freakin' line.

And they make carriers for snacks. How hard is it to ask for one? I've never had a clerk give me a hard time when I buy a bunch of stuff.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
      It makes sense to have that stuff at a separate counter. The newer theaters where I live do the same thing; then people can set up their snacks to taste without holding up the freakin' line.
      And they make carriers for snacks. How hard is it to ask for one? I've never had a clerk give me a hard time when I buy a bunch of stuff.
      Oh, yes they can. We have a condiment counter at work. I can't count how many times I've seen a couple of idiots get their coffee creamer, etc., and then stand there yapping, blocking everyone else from getting to the condiments.

Still, having them separate at the theater would certainly be better than having people fuss with their stuff at the register. And if she wasn't sure how to pick them up at the other counter, how was she expecting to do it at the register?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X