X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Covenant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chr...the_Unbeliever

It is a very difficult read, and a bit darker then most, but one of my favorite series. Just learned there are four I have not read yet..which is crazy..thought I had read them all!
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

eventually i'll read the series again.

although on a side note i was a weird kid. i once 'merged' thomas covenant with thomas english muffins to create (in my head at least) "Thomas Covenant English Muffins". i forget if i ever used then in one of my stories... Did the same for Dune with Duncan Idaho... and Dunkin Doughnuts - Duncan Doughnuts Idaho!

so i can't think of either character without thinking of the weird stuff i use to do to the names

Comment

I love Thomas Covenant! I mean, I don't love him, he's a whiny little bitch, I love all the other characters. I love the Ranyhyn and Saltheart Foamfollwer especially.

I have only read the first trilogy but have the next three on tap; I had to take a break.

Have you read Donaldson's Gap series (it's SF)? I read The Real Story and it pretty much made me hate myself for liking it so I have been afraid to go further.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Not that I am aware of, I might have to. And yes Thomas is a whiny jerk, but Saltheart RULES.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

In The Wounded Land, there exists a passage that is one of three in the history of my reading to have ever brought a tear to me eye. Without giving too much away, I hope, suffice to say that it was the most amazing [caamora in the series.

I still remember it well.

Comment

I really love this series. I actually enjoyed Covenant himself...The woman that got brought over in the second trilogy REALLY got under my skin.

Also, yes, Saltheart Foamfollower FTW.
            We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

I read that a long time ago. I remember I used to keep the dictionary handy because Donaldson had at least one word on every page that I wasn't familiar with.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I tried reading it once...couldn't get into it. I might try again at some point though. But it kind of struck me as being like Tolkien in prose, and I can't read Tolkien either.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

In my opinion it is even a more challenging read then Tolkien. Maybe that is why I liked it better . At the time I had started reading it I was reading Shakespeare, and it wasn't quite as bad as that

Comment

I actually like Shakespeare. Even in the original. But Tolkien...*shudders*
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

That's one series I tried reading, but was very much rooting against thomas in the first book, and just couldn't bring myself to read any more Have heard it was a good series, just not for me

Comment

Working...
                      X