This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think YOUR Lusers are bad...

Next time you get someone with Win95 (or God forfend 3.1)...
    think of this.
    History is such a marvelous thing.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

There would be plenty of and if (God Forbid) I got an end luser with one of these computers. Hell, an old co-worker of mine, V got an end luser that was beyond computer illiterate saying that his screen was black and couldn't get on the internet and couldn't describe the modem he had nor the operating system. It turned out this end luser poor V got had an old Commodore!!!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

And here I was thinking that it took more skillz to run a machine older than 2000... ._________________. That's honestly quite impressive!
      Scarybad, but impressive.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I have still got all my computers from my original Amiga 1000 til now, with the exception of 1 netbook and 1 laptop that I gave to my Romanian buddy - I took them to europe with me with the intent to give them to him when we left. Ah, and I also gave a thinkpad from late 90s to an ex roommate when he and his wife moved out. But I have all my desktops including the first PC I had built for me and the craptastic compaq that the Navy exchange system used to sell that was my first non-custom pc.

I have the software for Windows 3.1 that includes Internet Explorer 1 as a separate entity, Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, Me, XP and Vista. [and I have a box of Amiga programs too]
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also have a Sperry 1616 Univac/Snap II US Navy Submarine ballistics computer ...

I'm a little nuts....
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            I'm a little nuts....
            2-56 or 4-40?

... just screwing with you ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I'm a little nuts....
              Quoth dalesys View Post
              2-56 or 4-40?

... just screwing with you ...
              Just hope AccountingDrone doesn't come after you with an M16 (x2.0).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X