Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 05:21 AM
FEC Derp Herder

Ah man, but you guys have waaaay too many states. And I only know about Alabama and Texas!
Long story short, both States appear to be trying to export their worst and stupidest here at the moment.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:47 AM
Store Manager

Oh, I know. But I would still do that drive from coast-to-coast in America. Something tangible (not sure if that is the right word/feeling?) I rather enjoyed the longer trips.

I hope they nail the guy rather well.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post
"Well now my good man, I'd certainly call the policemen away, the very instant your young man ceases with the theft of our motor vehicles."
Well, that's a good accent to get you a kicking anywhere outside of Tunbridge Wells.

How about: "When your little tosser gives me m'car back I'll call off the Rozzers, you little scrote! Now sling your 'ook!"

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
How about: "When your little tosser gives me m'car back I'll call off the Rozzers, you little scrote! Now sling your 'ook!"
Now this I heard in an 'Eastenders' accent, maybe Shirley or Kat Slater.

God that show is odd. I could only ever vaguely follow what the hell was happening in each episode.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Area Manager

Given that I used to live 30 minutes from London and spent a lot of my free time roaming it I'll take that as a compliment

Quote:
Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
God that show is odd. I could only ever vaguely follow what the hell was happening in each episode.

Seriously, don't even bother. Except for a few rare examples it's drifted so far from reality it's laughable.

Stick to Coronation Street; at least that's somewhere close to believable in the way it treats the characters.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Insomniac with Cable TV

Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post

As for those confused as to why driving all the way across Australia is a stupid idea....it's 45 hours. That's without stopping to pee eat or sleep, by the way. It's also assuming that you're going full speed to whole time. It's also also assuming you have a car that can handle that voyage and that you yourself have adequately prepared for it. Long stretches without petrol food or water through a desert in a country where 40 degrees (Celcius) is a normal and expected Summer temperature. Some folks die trying to drive across this place.
Isn't there a coastal route? I know the southern coastal route [1?] seems to have a fair number of what we would consider federal level parks along the ocean. <I was looking in lust at the 2 really luxurious looking train vacations, one is north to south, and the other is east to west, more or less. Otherwise I really don't look at Australia much =( >

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
And yeah, driving across Australia would be different than in the US. I would like one day to drive from coast to coast. Of course I would probably not want to pay to rent a car for weeks, but if it was cheap I like the idea of driving to Florida and then flying back.
Not a big deal, I have driven coast to coast a number of round trips in my 35 or so years of driving [as well as a number of partial trips, NoLa and Houston from Rochester NY. Though recently I did a back to back Greenville NC/Connecticut trip that I noted the double trip was effectively one trip connecticut to Fresno.]

In my diesel jetta it runs more or less $1500 for a round trip for fuel, food and a couple nights at a hotel. [when I push a trip, I tend to do the drive/sleep in the car when I get tired thing. It sort of works out to drive 4, sleep 1. We have been thinking of modifying the momvan into a road trip 'camper' but the mileage is no where near as good as the jetta. Now if we could find a diesel manual momvan I would be in heaven!
Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post
Well, it's only 39c per km....

So around $6, 170

I may just suggest this to the manager tomorrow when i get in.
Be just as cheap to buy a beater for that price.

Last edited by EricKei; 03-10-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Old 03-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
Isn't there a coastal route? I know the southern coastal route [1?] seems to have a fair number of what we would consider federal level parks along the ocean. <I was looking in lust at the 2 really luxurious looking train vacations, one is north to south, and the other is east to west, more or less. Otherwise I really don't look at Australia much =( >
It is possible that you are meaning the Nullarbor, which is a really long stretch between Adelaide and Perth, which follows the Great Australian Bight. (28hrs non-stop driving or 2hrs 50mins of flying.) There are a number of national parks and protected areas along this route.

My dad has done this trip to 3 times, twice with mum, but from Melbourne to Perth. That's 36hrs of non-stop driving (or 3 1/2 hours of flying).

Have a look at the map of Oz in google maps with the satellite option. All that red and brown is pretty much desert or actual desert.

Anyone thinking of driving a normal car all the way around Oz needs to be locked up for the safety of our search and rescue people. Huge chunks can only be accessed by plane, helicopter or 4wd by people who know what the hell they are doing.

While there are major roads that mostly circle the country, some really don't see much traffic. If you break down, it will be some time before anyone knows you are missing.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Cashier

I've driven Denver to Eugene, OR (50-70 miles in from the pacific coast) by way of Portland, OR, in about 22 hours including rest/meal breaks, tag teaming it with my dad. Probably about 19-20 hours of driving, since once you hit Oregon they think everyone is a bunch of granny drivers who stick to 60-65 MPH.

My record for solo driving in one day, gas/food stops included, is Oregon-Idaho border to Denver, through Salt Lake City & Grand Junction. 937 miles, started at 6:30am and finished about 11:30pm.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

Lord t'underin' jayzus, b'y! Leave da cerr where it's at 'til I comes where it's to. And leave it dere, ya stunned arse 'less ye wants me tah call the RNC on yer.

...take a wild guess where I live? :P

Old 03-09-2015, 05:41 PM
FEC Derp Herder

Quote:
Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
Lord t'underin' jayzus, b'y! Leave da cerr where it's at 'til I comes where it's to. And leave it dere, ya stunned arse 'less ye wants me tah call the RNC on yer.

...take a wild guess where I live? :P
Uganda! Do I get a cookie?