This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutch joke (no idea why!)

Long ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth, we asked an exchange student from the Netherlands to tell us a Dutch joke. This is the one he told us, but I have no idea what makes it Dutch specifically.

One day a bunny hops into a bakery. "Hi, there! Do you have any carrot cake?" he asks the baker.

The baker replies, "No, sorry, we don't have any."

"OK, thanks!" says the bunny, and hops along his way.

The next day, the bunny hops into the bakery. He asks the baker, "Hi, there! Do you have any carrot cake?"

"No, I'm sorry, we do not have any carrot cake."

"OK, thanks!" says the bunny, and hops along his way.

That night, the baker decides to do something nice for the bunny.

So the next day, the bunny hops into the bakery and asks "Hi, there! Do you have any carrot cake?"

This time, the baker replies, "Yes, we do--right here!"

The bunny looks at him and says, "Awful stuff, isn't it?"
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

It sounds like the culture is such that if there is anything to complain about, they'll seek it out. Sounds very much like my state, though it was largely settled by Norwegians and Germans. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It may have also been the first thing that he could think of that would more or less translate.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
      X