Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The customer is always right? I don't think so!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The phrase is not wrong per se, just obsolete.

100 years ago the customer was usually right because he or she was smart enough to know what was right AND didn't demand the impossible except out of desperation.

Today, we have multiple generations of entitlement-minded snots, many of whom get 'educated' in quality public schools (ha.) and whose parents took the advice of Dr.Spock and co. over thousands of years of parenting knowledge. People are accustomed to getting what they want, no matter how physically impossible, at the drop of a hat.

Comment

• The person who trained me at my job said the customer is sometimes right. Sadly managers don't follow the same rules.

We have one "customer" who is always getting a old sale price or some markdown because she complains to the manager until they give in. We only have one manager who will stand up for the employees and follow policy.

Comment

• I HATE this phrase...if an irate customer stabs an employee that is illegal...and the phrase 'the customer is always right' has no bearing on the matter! It's not a legal statement, just a stupid made up phrase.
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

• If the phrase had any sort of truth to it at all, there would be need for company or corporate policy anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X