Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Chairman of the Board

My sister got attacked by some woman over a shipment of beanie babies; both were going for the same one and the woman pulled my sister's hair back to get to it first. Ugh!

You know, that woman could get her kids a REAL hamster and teach them the responsibility of caring for another life. Nah, sounds too responsible...

Old 11-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Heavy Metal Admin

Quote:
Quoth Merriweather View Post
First major Christmas toy fad that I can remember with enough lack of availability to cause normal human parents to turn into crazed monsters was the Cabbage Patch Kids, back in the early 80's.
I remember hearing about that in the news, and being truly shocked that people who were supposed to be adults acting like that. That was before I started in retail and found out just how horrible people can be.

Since then, it seems there's always some hot toy that people are willing to kill each other over. I remember back in the '90s it was those Tickle Me Elmo dolls. As Christmas got close, I saw people selling them in the paper for hundreds, even thousands of dollars. I had to laugh when Christmas was over and a lot of the ads were still there, apparently because they weren't able to sell them at those ridiculous prices.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 AM
Store Manager

Dear god the zhu-zhu pets. Its....its....horrible. just horrible.

20+ soccer moms, and policemen in uniform lining up outside the door an hour before we open to run to that aisle.

We had a man threaten my manager telling her he was going to jump over the f*king counter and tear her f*king head off her f*king shoulders if she didn't stop f*king lying and get him his m*ther-f*king zhu zhu pet.

I've heard grumblings of a MASSIVE zhu-zhu event occurring on BLACK FRIDAY and I fear for my safety.

It is out of control!!

Old 11-18-2009, 02:45 AM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Quoth jjllbb View Post

I've heard grumblings of a MASSIVE zhu-zhu event occurring on BLACK FRIDAY and I fear for my safety.
Well, that's it. Somebody please put a bullet in my head.

There's a good chance I'm working in toys this year, since the two gals who normally worked that department Black Friday declared they want nothing to do with it this year.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 AM
Computer Wizard

Frankly, Black Friday sounds like a Universally Stupid Idea. We don't have it over here.

Combining it with a "special event" for this year's mega-fad toy is just going to make it even more insane than last year - and given that people actually died last year, that's not a good thing.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 AM
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Quoth Chromatix View Post
Frankly, Black Friday sounds like a Universally Stupid Idea. We don't have it over here.

Combining it with a "special event" for this year's mega-fad toy is just going to make it even more insane than last year - and given that people actually died last year, that's not a good thing.
It is a Universally Stupid Idea. There's never anything being offered by any of the local stores that would would make me get up at Oh-Dark-Thirty to stand in line and fight other people for them. But since I work until 7 am that day, I always wind up picking up a few things after work since I'm there anyway, and if I went home and slept and then came back, the store would be picked clean.

And I don't know if the big Zhu-Zhu pet thing is just going to be one particular retailer or if the swamp is going to try something with them too. I hope they don't. I've been lucky enough not to find myself in a retail riot, and I don't need to experience that anytime soon.

If we do have a big Zhu-Zhu pets thing going on, I'm demanding a cattle prod and pepper spray at the very least--for "crowd control" purposes.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 AM
Snake Handler

See, I could have avoided the whole thing entirely if my parents had the same TV set up that I have at home.

I have no commercials ever. My kid goes over there and it's like the home shopping network or something.

So she said she liked the "little hamsters" so off Mom went to get one, and somehow managed to get obliviously lucky. We later looked on Amazon to see what they were going for out of curiosity, and they're going for 50 bucks!

And people are PAYING that! I am of the opinion that you pay that kind of money for something like that, you deserve the dry cornholing you get.

Then I told my Mom, "listen, we will not be doing the 'hot toy' foolishness with these children." She was right there with me, she honestly didn't know what the deal was with them till after the fact. She just got them because my kid thought they were cute.

And she does play with it, it's a cute little thing. It sits on her work table and chirps at her. She colored it's back pink.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:01 AM
All I hear is blah blah blah..

Another Christmas, another useless toy fad. this is monumentally stupid.Thank the gods my children like video games. That I can handle.

I had a supervisor a few years ago that actually admitted to hitting a woman to get a Tickle Me Elmo for her sister. No toy on planet earth is worth it. If my kids want it and I can't grab one, they can wait till after the new year. by then the fascination with it is gone.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Blaaaaargh

I had a cabbage patch doll during the psycho craze, but only because my aunt sent me one from England, where my uncle was stationed at the time. His name was Delmer Casius and he came with nappies and a sailor suit outfit. Only cabbage patch I ever had.

Remember Beanie Babies? There was some fun insanity. My dad was a delivery driver for UPS at the time, and would hide the boxes inside other empty ones to keep from getting mugged on the way into the stores.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 AM
Store Manager

Okay so first: Out of morbid curiosity one year I will go to a store on Black Friday and watch.

Second: Everyone thought my daughter would turn me into a pushover. I proved them wrong I mastered the words, "We'll see"

I never get my daughter the hottest toy of the year I get her the toys she wants.
What this means is that if six months ago she was dying to get a toy and three months later she still wanted it then I got it for her and put it under the tree. Only once I got her the hottest thing to hit the shelves I bought it on E Bay and it was something I got because she had asked for it two years running. Not during Christmas either.
Closed Thread