X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
    I second that.
    Thanks guys. Google was my friend there.

I think what I'd do is gather a lot more info - there's at least one more pay day before she goes to DragonCon. Well....if they've been fucking around like this I don't see how they'd not mess this one up too.
    Document, take notes, and write out emails with a "Hi, I'm looking for information on the god damn paychecks" not "gimme money nao" (the one you had sent was kind of ..accusatory. Because it was so short, people would read it that way - even though you meant, Hey what's going on with the stuff, I want some kind of explanation.
    Do your best to line up a job asap. And if they want to smack you for taking a day off or something? Be careful - if you're fired they may use 'tardy not showing for work' as their reason for dismissal, resulting in harder to get unemployment. (this is assuming you went for interviews, got skunked and then fired). Now, if you get job while having this job, quit nicely.

After leaving Le Hellhole, take allllllll the documentation. paystubs. Dates of payments. Expected dates of payments. Is there a poster with that last Section D on it near the Fed Payment/ Min Wage poster? Take pictures. Date them.... Walk over to the labor board, file a complaint and watch them get their asses handed to them.

I don't just fight, I fight dirty.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Most large hotel companies don't hire anymore by just bringing in your resume. They want you to email it to them instead, so they always post it on their websites. I've been looking. The problem is that most jobs available are things like housekeeping and front desk, and I have a physical problem with my leg due to a car accident that makes it hard to stand for any length of time.

I'd actually love to become a sales admin in a sales department.

Don't worry, I'm looking.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to try moving into the medical sector since I have the training. It would be better hours, better benefits, and better money. Its just that most of my experience is in the hotel industry, and I used to love the industry. Its probably just this job thats soured me to it so I don't want to rule it out.

Comment

Working...
      X