X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole our parking lot...

and replaced it with a lake.

This was at work earlier tonight:

Roughly a half hour of torrential rains + a poor drainage system = ZOMG.

The street was just as badly flooded. One car actually stalled out and had to be pushed out of the way.

And that was my entertainment for the night.
    You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

ಠ_ಠ
    disapprovalllll~ .____.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

At one of the two big shopping centres I used to visit in my childhood, one of the parking lot sections was in the flood 'overflow' area of a nearby creek.

Locals knew never to park there during rainstorms. Others did not....
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

That makes me want to grab an inflatable boat from the toy store and get a friend to pull me behind a car!!!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

You didn't happen to see a woman dressed with a red trenchcoat and matching hat, did you. She might have had something to do with the theft of your parking lot.
          Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth LillFilly
            That makes me want to grab an inflatable boat from the toy store and get a friend to pull me behind a car!!!
            I didn't think of anything like that! I wonder if I could have used a dough tray and gone "waterskiing". Oh well, too late now.

Quoth Seshat
            Locals knew never to park there during rainstorms. Others did not....
            Luckily for me my car was parked on higher ground. The street regularly floods during rainstorms, but I've never seen the parking lot get that bad before.

Quoth Andrew B.
            You didn't happen to see a woman dressed with a red trenchcoat and matching hat, did you. She might have had something to do with the theft of your parking lot.
            No, but I thought I glimpsed a V.I.L.E. henchman...
            You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

heck that looks like most of the streets in my delivery area after a torrential downpour.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

That looks like the neighborhood I work in. If we get heavy rains, most of the side streets, and part of Main Street...end up under several inches of water. Doesn't help that the entire borough is flat, and only about 10 feet higher than the Allegheny...which is only a couple of blocks away.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

One would think that better drainage systems would be in order... but states like New York have other problems.
                  One place I lived in, they had drains for the streets and everywhere that were big enough that I could fit into them, even now. Lay down on the ground and wiggle right in! O_O Animals probably got stuck in them constantly... but thankfully I never heard of anything like that.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                    giving me flashbacks... of this

Comment

So mean keeping all that rain for yourself. You could at least share some of it
                      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth Andrew B. View Post
                        You didn't happen to see a woman dressed with a red trenchcoat and matching hat, did you.
                        I've heard that she and Waldo had a son.

Noone can find him.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
                          So mean keeping all that rain for yourself. You could at least share some of it

QFT - Texas needs it a lot!!! please send rain!
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

And nobody thought to send Jaws an invitation? Tsk tsk tsk.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Holy crap! I'm in the southern part of the state, and we didn't see anything nearly this bad!
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X