This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarro Workplace

Everything has became backwards. I'm about ready to snap.

Ever since my one coworker went MIA and the brown noser coworker started acting like top dog ever since.........things have gone completely bassackwards.

It doesn't seem like my lead feeds into the assmunching, but my boss does In fact, guess who is now considered the work area trouble maker?

Ah, ME.

That's right. ME. Who has the most perfect attendance in recent history, who stays in her own corner of the room working diligently, unless directed to work elsewhere.

Brown Noser, social butterfly who waltzes around the room pretending to "help" people when all he is really doing is "proving" how much "better" he is than all the other operators. When he IS working, he is singing loudly and annoyingly.

Tourettes Girl, who for whatever reason blurts out random words and phrases. When bored, she actually just stands in the middle of the room or sits on a chair and stares at the floor.

Everyone else.....meh, don't really have anything negative to say there about them.

I will admit I'm a pretty friendly person at work, and I like to talk to everyone. At the very least say hello to everyone individually and ask how they are and how their weekend was or whatnot. It makes the time go by faster, and it helps people be more productive to know that they have a friendly coworker who is genuinely nice and approachable. And I don't act like I'm better than anyone.

But guess what? I'm the troublemaker because only I am not allowed to talk and work at the same time. Brown Noser can make his rounds bothering people by one-upping everyone on how much better he is than them and make himself look like such a good worker (hahahahaha) and sing and hum loudly, but me walking past someone and saying "Hey, what's up?", if my boss sees that, she tells my shift lead that if I don't quit talking, she's going to send me somewhere to work where I won't have anyone to talk to.

This workplace has become hell. WHY do the best workers always end up fucking punished for doing something that others do way worse?

Yeah, it's at that point again. Remember two years ago when I was always under radar and getting in trouble for stuff that others did more often and way worse than me, despite the fact that I got more work done than others? Yeah, we're at that point again. My boss thinks I'm this person who doesn't do any work and talks all night. Even though Brown Noser does nothing BUT talk all night. He's our shift "hero". I'm the bad kid.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Tell em to read the stats and compare numbers.

Yours are obviously going to be better/higher.

If they don't like it, they can go pound sand... or the "hero."
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I wish I had an answer (besides 'insane management') to this conundrum Blas.

I've not only had it happen to me, I've seen it happen to friends, and more importantly for objectivity, seen it happen to people who I didn't care for who were none-the-less good workers.

Don't know if I mentioned it last time, but the ONLY thing I can ever think of is that management feels threatened/jealous by someone who can do a job competently and cheerfully?

Good luck this go-round.

Comment

Unfortunately, I no longer work in an area where employees keep a daily report of their work. Everything that gets finished counts as a team effort and goes for the entire shift's productivity. There's no real way to track who did what.

Comment

But if you keep a count of what you have completed each shift, you can then have a record of the percentage you do.

Can you ask the Lead that you get along with for the tally each shift/week? It may help back up how much you do and how little the others in your team do. It always helps to document every thing.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Even if you don't submit work reports, keeping track yourself could come in handy. If you get called in for counseling, or your performance review comes up, you can back up your position.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I really hate having to do this.

But, I do need whatever ammo I can against this little assmunch who has decided to become a threat to me and try and take over the entire area.

Comment

Working...
              X