This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noodle for a spine

I work for a storage company. A "lady" calls because she updated her credit card info on our companies web site, but the card was still declined for her monthly fee. Instead of allowing the agent she got repeat the card info, she yelled and was transferred to a tier 2 agent. The tier 2 agent tried to get the SC to verify the card info, but was also yelled at. The call came to me, an escalation supervisor. I found that when a customers calls and gives their card information, we ask for the CVV2 code, but there is nowhere on our website to update that. As a result, we have the wrong CVV2 and the card won't charge. Customer decides that, 1, our web site is faulty, and 2, our service staff are incompetent and won't fix the website on demand, she demands compensation! I tell her I'll ask about it and forward the website complaint up the chain. Later, I call her and inform her the website is being looked into, and I'll offer $XX off. NO! She demands a FREE MONTH OF RENT! I tell her I can't do that, and the conversation ends. Days later, she calls corporate, and eventually gets her FREE MONTH! Really? She called and refused to allow our staff to help her, as well as berate our reps with outlandish and unreasonable demands, and she gets a free month? This, my friends, is why suckage is on the the rampage....eventually it works. Thanks, CEO Noodlespine.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Quoth lie-al View Post
    The call came to me, an escalation supervisor. I found that when a customers calls and gives their card information, we ask for the CVV2 code, but there is nowhere on our website to update that. As a result, we have the wrong CVV2 and the card won't charge.
    I hope you mean that there is nowhere to enter that, and as a result you have no CVV2.

Comment

Yeah o_O

If you are in the US, there's a very good reason why your site doesn't have a method of storing that number. A *cough*ahem* legal one. It's OK to ask for it each time the card is used, however.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth lie-al View Post
        suckage is on the the rampage....eventually it works. Thanks, CEO Noodlespine.
        I, too, would like to thank you, CEO Noodlespine. (Good moniker!)

Because you caved, costs rose for all your honest customers. (And make no mistake. What this woman did was flat out stealing, really.) If I'm one of those customers, that means you are charging me more because you have a poor sense of business. If I'm not one of your customers, you did it to someone. Do it often enough and the business tanks and you screw shareholders and employees too.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Yeah o_O

If you are in the US, there's a very good reason why your site doesn't have a method of storing that number. A *cough*ahem* legal one.
          Very true; not even the bank that issues the credit card is allowed to store those numbers!
          Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Sounds like the storage company I used to work for - we had the same problem with credit cards updated via the website. Also, we had the same problems with corporate giving in to customers when we would not. I don't miss dealing with that.
            "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Working...
            X