X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth tilly101 View Post
    - after all, he was already sooo late for work, remember -
    I had a customer once bitching at me through the gate between our store and the attached Starbucks because I didn't open it right at 9 on the dot (because I didn't have the key). I told her the manager was on her way up or she could come in the front door, which I had unlocked. She was whining that she had been waiting for 15 minutes (not my fault you got there 15 minutes before we opened, lady) and she had to get to work. The manager got there then and opened the gate, and the woman disappeared into the store. Half an hour later I saw her wander out and she didn't even buy anything.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A huge, huge heartfelt thank you to everyone for the very kind words and thoughts. I come to CS and this forum daily when I'm at home [or on my mobile when I'm in a waiting room ], and being able to read other people's posts...read the comments...read the kinds words...and especially vent about any SCs I've encountered....it really is like a little escape, and something that puts a smile back on my face. It really is like a community xx
      And to those people who have been helping where they can [see my sig] - this help is invaluable and I will never be able to thank you enough

Regarding the petrol station guy....yes, what a complete douche. I always wish anytime I see people like that out in the wild that I had the balls to actually say something to them, but I usually get scared and dont lol

Comment

Tilly, I would start contacting women's shelters NOW and explaining your situation.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Tilly, I would start contacting women's shelters NOW and explaining your situation.
          Already done.

I dont want to veer off topic too much.

All I'll say as a summary to it all.... I've spent a great deal of time looking into each and every option available to me, its extremely bleak and there is not a great deal I can do with anything at this stage. Things may start to change a tad once Twin A is born, but only if he survives.
          So as it stands, I have the next few short months [probably 2-3 mths] to get through with things as they are....and then I can revisit a lot of the options.

I'm always open to PMs, and the link in my sig takes you to my page on this forum which goes into more detail about everything.
          But for now, I dont want to veer off topic or anything, so I'll leave it at that
          Last edited by Ree; 05-23-2013, 10:58 AM. Reason: Moved the reference to the mods

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
            Already done.
            Sounds like a start. I won't go too further off-topic, but I also do beg you to contact various emergency relief groups as well for food-even if it's just vouchers.

As for the petrol pump situation, some people are so clueless it isn't even funny. YOU are generally expected to know what pump you're on (although I have had a couple of moments where I've blanked out and forgotten the number, I'll look over and try and guess (the numbers are also located on a white piece of plastic above the frontmost pump, with the numbers in a 2x2 formation) based on where my car is.
            They've generally been able to work it out from there.

*sigh* some people are just that lacking in responsibility that they go ahead and blame everyone else but themselves.

Comment

As to your partner, just this:

As to the petrol prick, if it were me I'd try to let the clerk know discretely that I'd be a witness for him. (If the security tape weren't good enough to show the jerk mouthing two syllables instead of one, that is.)
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                I'll look over and try and guess (the numbers are also located on a white piece of plastic above the frontmost pump, with the numbers in a 2x2 formation) based on where my car is.
                Same here in NZ - Any gas station i've been to with multiple pumps has little cards above them, big enough to read from the store. I usually check before I go in, but then brain fart, look out the giant windows to the number, and tell them the pump number.
                "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                  Same here in NZ - Any gas station i've been to with multiple pumps has little cards above them, big enough to read from the store. I usually check before I go in, but then brain fart, look out the giant windows to the number, and tell them the pump number.
                  Yep I've done this. The attendant has also been able to guess based on whether there's a car in front of me or not and how far back it is from the pump.

There's one petrol station (if you could call it that!) where you don't have to worry about this.

About halfway between my boyfriend's current residence and a friend's place is this dinky little convenience store and petrol station. They only have ONE petrol bowser of sorts, so two cars can fill up at once. They only display the unleaded price on one of those signs where you can add and take out numbers at a whim.

It's got a cute little kitsch to it, but I can understand the location as well-it's somewhat hilly around there, preventing larger petrol stations from otherwise popping up.

Comment

*hugs tilly*
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                    X