This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait your turn

I was in the cafe putting an order in the oven when the customer behind the one I was making the order for said to my back, "I just want a soda." I ignored that because I hate when people talk to my back & I was making an order for someone else, and she could wait like everyone else. I ran to the back to get an item I was using the last of, even though it could wait, so I could cool off. I came back up front and completed the other guy's order, since the oven beeped, and waited on the impatient lady. I asked wast she needed as if I hadn't heard her before--sometimes best to play dumb. She said she'd taken a medium soda cup because her daughter had "really needed a soda." OK, no one needs soda, and we have cups for water right there as well as a drinking fountain around the corner. But I was polite, professional, and not obvious as to my annoyance. (And I don't like when people take soda cups off the counter.) When I said goodnight, she didn't respond and looked annoyed, probable because she didn't get a rise out of me. Too bad for her. Should've learned to wait her turn in kindergarten. It's first come, first served.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Damn straight.
    I hate it whenever I'm in a line somewhere and some tool barges up to the front and completely cuts the line and barks out their order. And then they stand there shocked and bitch and moan when they're told to pls go to the bak of the line and wait their turn, cause 'I only need one quick thing, gawd!'

Yeah, the only thing you need right now is a quick smack to the phone, you fucknut

Comment

I once had a "lady" bark her order over a family's heads and then bolt into the bathroom.

When she came out, she got mad that she had to go wait in line and re-tell me her order before we would start making her drinks. And again when she was informed that her drinks were in the back of the line and not immediately after the family she tried to order on top of.
      Flood

Comment

Quoth Flood View Post
        And again when she was informed that her drinks were in the back of the line and not immediately after the family she tried to order on top of.
        And how mad would she have got if she had been informed that her drinks were at another fast food place, due to her line-jumping getting her banned at your place?
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I was in the cafe putting an order in the oven when the customer behind the one I was making the order for said to my back, "I just want a soda."
          All she wanted was a Pepsi. And you wouldn't give it to her. Just a Pepsi.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            All she wanted was a Pepsi. And you wouldn't give it to her. Just a Pepsi.
            She wouldn't have liked the delivery location or velocity either.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"I just want a soda." I ignored that because I hate when people talk to my back & I was making an order for someone else, and she could wait like everyone else. I ran to the back to get an item I was using the last of, even though it could wait, so I could cool off. I came back up front and completed the other guy's order, since the oven beeped, and waited on the impatient lady. I asked wast she needed as if I hadn't heard her before--sometimes best to play dumb.
              I used to do that when I worked drive thru at a fast food place. During rushes, if I wasn't able to grab the order when they pulled up, I'd let them know I'd be right with them. I lost count of how many times they'd just start rattling off their (usually huge) order. Once I was open, I'd then ask what I could get for them. Mean, yes, but it saved my sanity.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

OGGGH. People do this to me ALL THE TIME. I actually had someone do it while I was ON THE PHONE in midsentence tonight. But usually it's this one particular corner of the desk where they just think they can interrupt me in the check-in process (also usually in midsentence) and ask stupid questions like "where's the bathroom?" (you're standing under a 120-point font BRIGHT YELLOW sign that says RESTROOMS).
                "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

People did that at the gas station all the time!

They'd get huffy cuz they chose to come at peak times (usually at shift changes for the nearby factories), so they'd pump an even dollar amount of gas (say $20 for simplicity sake) and not want anything else, so they'd walk in, see the line of people, and try to budge, OR worse, try to wave at me and put the money on the counter.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I had a few regulars that were typically in a rush and always got the same thing, so they'd greet me, pop the exact amount of money for what they needed on the counter, then go get their things.
                    (A paper or a soda)

I didn't mind them... because they were regulars! They always made sure to greet me and then say good bye when they left again.

Couldn't stand the people who would stand right next to the person I was currently ringing up though.
                    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

...She said she'd taken a medium soda cup because her daughter had "really needed a soda." OK, no one needs soda, and we have cups for water right there as well as a drinking fountain around the corner.
                      as a type 1 diabetic... some times i do in fact NEED a soda.
                      If I had a daughter about to go into insulin shock, I might be a tad insistant and impatient myself.

/not saying that was the situation in this case, just saying.

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post
                        If I had a daughter about to go into insulin shock, I might be a tad insistant and impatient myself.

Most places will understand if you have to open a product and consume some, so long as you pay for it when you get to the front. I had that happen a few times when I was on register.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When I was little and in the supermarket with me mam, she would always tear off the knob end of a French Stick and give it to me to nibble. She was buying the whole anyway, and a little girl nomming bread instead of sweets is surely a good and cute thing I thought it was just me until I saw something similar in an advert on TV!
                          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth roxtar View Post

Yep, I've had that situation, and told her she could have whatever she wanted, because she let me know right away. I have hypoglycemia, so I go through the same thing. It's scary. Today at one point I lost my footing due to dizziness.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              Most places will understand if you have to open a product and consume some, so long as you pay for it when you get to the front. I had that happen a few times when I was on register.
                              I know my workplace does . . . one of our regulars (sweet older lady) almost passed out from low blood sugar. One of my coworkers ran to the dairy case, grabbed a a single serve OJ and brought it to her. Thankfully it helped her feel better.

She insisted on paying for the OJ, but even our MOD said for her not to worry about it - we were just relieved she was okay.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X