Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't want Vista to sync with MP3 player...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't want Vista to sync with MP3 player...

I have a Creative Zen MP3 player, and I do NOT want my Vista laptop to auto-sync with the thing each time I connect it (which is what it's trying to do). Prior to the laptop's death and resurrection, WMP never bothered me about syncing the player; I was just able to add tracks/albums by right-click > "Add to Creative Zen". I suspect that a stealth WMP update removed this option, which I rather liked. Now it won't see the player except to bug me to sync it.

Is there a way to force WMP/Vista to let me copy albums/tracks manually, or do I need to let the damn thing autosync first?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Have you got the latest drivers and software for your Zen?

Having a "Add to Creative Zen" on your context menu is going to be a function of the Zen drivers, not a part of Windows. If you do have them installed try un and reinstalling, you may have skipped past a screen that says "Associate <type X,Y,Z> files with Creative Zen OR you may have only installed the drivers but not the console (with added flangy bits you'll never use) which adds context menu options.

*Not having seen the Zen or it's drivers the the above is WAG territory*
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

The software is installed...could be that something's corrupted (with this computer, I wouldn't be too surprised) or the version on the driver disc isn't the newest one. I'll try reinstalling and see if there's an update.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X