Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no problems with any of those, with some serious trading in a small settlement about half way to alturist...you aquire the following.
    • 25 arrows
    • nights lodging plus food
    • 90 gold for the antlers
    • 3 pounds of dried meat from various kills
    • 3 good skins already treated (traded for your raw skins)

with your trading you can get a backpack and a few sacks.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I'll assume I traded the skins for the backpack and sacks?

(Now to figure if I should keep the character sheets at home or at work!

Edit: PM received.

I give a prayer (thanks) to the animal's spirits for their sacrifice allowing me to start this important journey. I also give a prayer (thanks) to the god(s) for their support during this difficult time.

After a nights rest at the settlement I continue my journey towards Alturist.
      Last edited by draggar; 04-29-2009, 08:14 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

did I loose anyone?

~looks around~
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I was about to bump this thread, too.

I'm still walking towards the town...
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Sorry...been busy with RL games and garden work and now sunburn >.< Gah. Anyway....

(stealing the quote thing draggar did cuz it looked cool)

I can't believe how easy it was to grab Dad's old stuff. Not that he was using it anymore. He doesn't think I know how to use it, but I'll show him. I'll become more famous than he.

It should only be a few days to Altruist. It's the largest human settlement I've heard about. Shouldn't be too hard.
            Yeah...she's going to get a bit lost here I think...
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

so...I need character names too please...

But heres what happens....

Draggar: You've made camp for the 7th night, out in the open but just off the road...you've been pushing yourself hard since you have been uneasy like someone or something has been following you for the past few days, though you never saw anything. Just after making camp, you hear someone just BARELY making their way down the road, but see nothing. (spot: 9, listen: 28)

Kheldarson: You've gotten lost a few times heading out of your forest, but finally manage to find what appears to be a major road. You stay on this road for several days but see almost no one. Something inside you however says that this is the road you've been wanting to get to where you're going. after the 7th day you finally spot what appears to be a small camp fire just off the side of the road. After carefully making your way closer, you see a full elf making camp for the evening. Though he doesn't appear to see you, he suddenly jerks upright looking around at everywhere but you. (spot: 20, hide: 15, listen: 19)

Comment

You can stick with my username for the name.

Hmm, I could have sworn I heard something. Oh well. This road isn't known for hostile activity as far as I know but I'll keep my weapons close by, I'm sure there are some human and orc raiders in this area (and some half-orcs... how disgusting - a cross between two disgusting creatures - one a ugly, dirty, materialistic, and stinky creature that kills and pillages at will and the other a pig faced orc).

Well, I doubt I'll get much reverie tonight but I had a good nights rest last night. If I am being followed, I wonder if it is related to Eagle Eye's disappearance?
                Don't worry about "stealing" the quote thing - I think it is a good way to separate in character chat and out of character chat.

Sarlon - you forgot "with torrets" in your sig.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

no I didn't...and trust me...you'll get to meet him later

Comment

Eeek, I'm here I'm here... *slides into the room and crashes into the couch* Ow....

Chara name.... Thiana.

She had been standing at the window to her room for all morning, the priest had come by to call her for breakfast but she had not answered and insted just watched over the city. She pulls her arm to her chest and holds her wrist to her chest, her face somewhat grim. Finally she turns and collects up her gear that she had been planning over for the past few months.

Slinging the pack on her back and hefted up her staff and opened her bedroom door. Stopping she turned to look over the sparse room and blinked back tears, a small thought in her head that this room would never mean the same it meant to her right now. Closing the door she headed down the hall and while the higher priests were still working she slipped out the front doors. She wasn't fond of goodbyes, always cried to much.

Slipping into the crowd she started to head into the city proper, believing that the start of her journey would come to her as there were so many paths to take.

Comment

My character's name is Conal, by the way.

*sigh*

Make my own way. I don't even know where to start. I never really thought beyond my training. I suppose I could hire out as a guard for...something. Or something.

Screw this. I don't need to do this now. I've been working my ass of for years. I'm going to the tavern. Time to relax and have some fun.
                      Is there an elf bar? 'Cause he's going to the elf bar, if there is one.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Character's name is Laryn.

An elf? Out here? Damn, I didn't want to be found. Dad would kill me right now if I got sent back home. As much as being next to that fire would be wonderful, better to play it safe.

I tried to back up slowly from the range of the campfire so as to not alert the guy again. I'd make camp a little ways down the road. Hopefully there'd be another decent clearing.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

draggar:
                          this time you KNOW you heard something, and this time you actually see it. A fairly young looking half-elf, though hard to tell her exact race from the lighting and dinstance. You see her moving away trying not to be noticed, but not doing such a great job of it. (spot: 16, listen: 18)

khaldarson:
                          As you try and move back you step on a twig that you hadn't noticed before, the rather loud snap (at least to your ears), makes you inwardly flinch, espically since the elf has now seen you. (hide: 10, move silently: 16)

Oh, some time in the next few days guys I'll find down the world map, scan it and let you see the general lay out of the world.
                          Last edited by Sarlon; 05-01-2009, 03:38 AM.

Comment

A helf elf? In these parts? Poor kid. How could an elf not only fall for, but mate with a human? I don't know what she's planning but its quite clear she's trying to hide (but not doing a god job at it). As long as she leaves me alone she won't find any trouble from me.
                            I take a very light reverie that night with my weapons (very) close at hand.
                            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Oh thank goodness. He's not getting up. Now to just find someplace to sleep tonight...
                              She ends up curling up underneath a tree some yards away from draggar.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

draggar: you over slept some and after a morning breakfast your back on the road. About midday you see that same night elf on the road heading in the same general direction that you are.

Kheldarson: You also sleep uneasily, a disturbing dream that you can't quite remember.

(note: you each still easily have 2 days to get to alturist)

Comment

Working...
                                X