This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit o' Suckage and a short rant

Today was full of idiots, compounded by the fact that I worked for 90% of the time the store was open today, but even my boss agreed they were coming out of the woodworks today. Best example is below.

....Yes....really....I'm fairly confident...
    Had a group of three people come in and wander around the store, occasionally bringing stuff up to the register to ask about it. Apparently I missed the 20 minute long conversation about the fact that he had a card....that said.... he worked.... at......uh...........................Best.......bu y..................for a year....? All conversations had these weirdly long pauses where they'd appear to shut off. The two most memorable moments from the group, both the two 20-30 year olds and the one grandparent age man.

Me:
    OG: Old guy

OG:"Do... you have... Luigi's mansion.... for... the ds?"
    Me: "Not for the regular DS, and we have just the download codes for the 3ds right now, I'm afraid we're out of solid copies."
    OG:"Huh... well... I like mario, and gorsh durng it (direct phrasing, from an old man. apparently this happens) if I had that system that'd be the GAME I'D BUY. *sage nod, savagely taps our display of Luigi's mansion* "WHO YOU GONNA CALL?"
    Me: "Ghostbusters?"
    OG: *Broad grin*

the other two bring up a ds game. It is titled "WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIPS" it has a picture of a pool(or billiard if you like) table on the front, with the balls on the table and crossed cue sticks behind the title. The back talks about pool. There's an 8 ball on the spine.

Guy: "....Is this game about...... pool?"
    Me: *stares at case for a moment as brain tries to think of ANYTHING else a game with that cover could be about.* "Yes.... I'm reasonably confident that's a game about pool"
    Girl: "So, like the game on the green table, right?"
    Me: "the one that's on the cover.... yes."
    Guy: "Is it online?! We had a darts game that could only be played online!!"
    Me *thought*-not on the ds you didn't "No, this one can be played on just your ds"
    Guy: "And...................it's about pool right?"

Not anytime soon
    A guy came in from another store to pick up the Sonic Sega Genesis Collection for XB360

Man:

Man: "Man, I'm so happy to get this" *pauses, and then with complete seriousness* "So when do you think the SNES collection is going to come out for the XB360?"
    Me: *record scratch noise* "When.... do I think the Nintendo exclusive system games are going to come out on a microsoft platform?"
    Man: "Yup?"
    Me: "I don't think Nintendo would ever give anyone else the rights to do such a thing."
    Man: "But Sega did it."
    Me: "Sega is, for good or bad, no longer making systems though...."

The door.
    Dear people of our outdoor mall. I have a question to ask. When our gate is DOWN. We are past the mall's closing time for retail stores, our light is off, what is it that compels you to yank hard or knock on our door? Assuming we did open up, what exactly would you do? If you're not assuming we're going to open, why yank on the door? Are you hoping to find it open to steal/vandalize? Seriously though. Why?!
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Quoth Opalin View Post
    The door.
    My favorites were always the one who would yank on it, not have it open, stare it at confused, then either yank again HARDER, or do so repeatedly. I would often be standing behind the counter either counting the drawer on (opening) or off (closing), and never had a reaction. I would just give them the most incredulous look I could, and hold out my hands as if to say "Why haven't you been collected by the agency yet!?"

I swear to god, the return looks they gave me reminded me exactly of how a cow looks...not a single thought to be had...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Maybe he's channeling his inner Captain Kirk. "You can see we have....(dramatic pause).... another, problem."

Comment

Me: "I don't think Nintendo would ever give anyone else the rights to do such a thing."
        They don't but... sometimes the developer does. I remember playing Castlevania on the Nintendo but now it's available on both PS3 and Xbox.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          My favorites were always the one who would yank on it, not have it open, stare it at confused, then either yank again HARDER, or do so repeatedly. I would often be standing behind the counter either counting the drawer on (opening) or off (closing), and never had a reaction. I would just give them the most incredulous look I could, and hold out my hands as if to say "Why haven't you been collected by the agency yet!?"

I swear to god, the return looks they gave me reminded me exactly of how a cow looks...not a single thought to be had...
          I've seen people do this. Lights are off, doors are locked, there is NOBODY in the store. But they stand there, yank on the door, shove their face up against the glass to peer inside, then yank the handle again. For some reason, "store is closed" does not compute.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            They don't but... sometimes the developer does. I remember playing Castlevania on the Nintendo but now it's available on both PS3 and Xbox.
            Yea, but I think the SC was thinking/talking about things like Mario games. Since Nintendo is themselves the dev and rightsholder for all those characters/games, you won't see that stuff off their platform as long as they make consoles. Just like Sega never let the blue hedgehog out until they gave up the console biz. Now he's everywhere.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              That's a fair point, but you'd have to call it something else anyway, since otherwise you'd still have to pay Nintendo money on a "super nintendo collection"
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

ah yeah for a mario game then yeah they'll probably never give those to other companies.

Comment

The only Mario game I've heard of on a console besides Nintendo (and in this case, I use the term 'console' very loosely) is Hotel Mario on the CDi (along with 3 absolutely horrid Legend of Zelda games)
                  Violets are blue,
                  Roses are red,
                  I bequeath to thee...
                  A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Much like the Highlander movies after the first one, We Do Not Speak of the CDi Zelda games >_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kagato View Post
                      The only Mario game I've heard of on a console besides Nintendo (and in this case, I use the term 'console' very loosely) is Hotel Mario on the CDi (along with 3 absolutely horrid Legend of Zelda games)
                      The original Mario Bros did get released on a number of game systems (and computers) back in the day. Same with Donkey Kong as well.
                      New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                      New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                        The original Mario Bros did get released on a number of game systems (and computers) back in the day. Same with Donkey Kong as well.
                        I have Mario Bros. on a 5.25" disk for my Commodore 64. I wish Super Mario Bros. had copme out for it though. Giana Sisters is very similar, but too hard for me.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                          I have Mario Bros. on a 5.25" disk for my Commodore 64. I wish Super Mario Bros. had copme out for it though. Giana Sisters is very similar, but too hard for me.
                          I have Giana Sisters on the Atari ST as I got it in an auction lot. Haven't played it to this day however. I should dig out my ST one of these days just to see how bad it is.
                          New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
                          New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth Demolition Man View Post
                            I have Giana Sisters on the Atari ST as I got it in an auction lot. Haven't played it to this day however. I should dig out my ST one of these days just to see how bad it is.
                            It's not bad, I'm just not good at it.

Comment

Working...
                            X