Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Last Time: I DON'T DO MACRO ART!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
    That's a really good idea, yes. And I had no idea Bruce Campbell did that.
    I didn't either, until we tried to get him for our con. One of the staffers is a family friend and called him personally.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Crossbow -- $50 for tech support isn't much at all Hardly excessive.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Crossbow -- $50 for tech support isn't much at all Hardly excessive.
        No, it isn't. Ever seen someone that needs tech support be willing to leave the room while you work?

Me neither.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
          Stop saying no - just tell them such things start at $500,000 dollars US, 50% up front, non-refundable.
          You really should do it. Be a nice payday, and most sucktomers won't want/be able to meet the fee. If someone really can pay a high premium then I'd take the money and run.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          No, it isn't. Ever seen someone that needs tech support be willing to leave the room while you work?
          Me. If I need that kind of tech support, I know I'm in over my head. I get the hell out of the way and tell the techie to call me from the other room if he has a question or something to tell/ask me about.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post

Me neither.
            Sadly, I'd be one of them to watch.. And have to shuffle-punt the cat that loves being a welcome mat. Worships the ground you walk on, bonus points if it's him sort of welcome mat.

But if I have to call someone to do tech support, then I am SERIOUSLY over my head at this point. Or simply can't do it for myself.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              Me. If I need that kind of tech support, I know I'm in over my head. I get the hell out of the way and tell the techie to call me from the other room if he has a question or something to tell/ask me about.
              You get a discount, dear. Common sense gets you a rebate.

Quoth raudf View Post
              Sadly, I'd be one of them to watch.. And have to shuffle-punt the cat that loves being a welcome mat. Worships the ground you walk on, bonus points if it's him sort of welcome mat.

But if I have to call someone to do tech support, then I am SERIOUSLY over my head at this point. Or simply can't do it for myself.
              Cats aren't an issue unless I'm elbows-deep in the PC. They don't ask stupid "wha'ch doin?" quetions.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                YCats aren't an issue unless I'm elbows-deep in the PC. They don't ask stupid "wha'ch doin?" quetions.
                Though dogs cold-nosing the middle of your back change the diagnosis to Heatsink Hat.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Though dogs cold-nosing the middle of your back change the diagnosis to Heatsink Hat.

You win, Dalesys.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post

You win, Dalesys.
                    Better than my dumb AF brother, who was cold-nosed at the strategic moment...
                    All he could think was, ".45"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                      Stop saying no - just tell them such things start at $500,000 dollars US, 50% up front, non-refundable.
                      That's a good idea!

People will read what they want to read. Back when I was getting requests for art I didn't want to do fan art so much because I felt that my gallery was full of it and I want to do more original things. I even posted messages saying this. It sure didn't stop people from asking anyway. At least you managed to get a response from the guy who asked. I got nothing.
                      Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X