Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unless you can see a child exiting the body...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    I think it's good to have this thread, if only to remind others how even well-intentioned words my have an unintended reaction.

When I worked at *big box retail*, managers were handing out roses to those employees that were mothers. The first year they did it, a manager asked if I was a mom and since I'm not, it was basically "No rose for you".
    Another big mistake was handing out roses. Traditionally, for Mother's Day, a white carnation means your mother is still alive, and a white rose means she's dead.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I once had a customer wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I said nothing because I was pretty speechless, but what I wanted to say was:

"What the HELL??? I'm a GUY, asshole! Any jerk could see I'm a guy! So what the hell are you saying that to ME for?"

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
        "What the HELL??? I'm a GUY, asshole! Any jerk could see I'm a guy! So what the hell are you saying that to ME for?"
        Because you might have a Mother?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Because you might have a Mother?
          O-o-oh! She doesn't like me to admit that.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I was working on Mother's Day but didn't have too many people say it to me. I had one lady ask it like a question "Haappy Mother's Day?" I just smiled and said sure. I can tell when people are saying stuff like that to be nice. I have cats so I guess that's close enough. Though it's not good enough for one of my co-workers since not having actual human children prevented me from her goodie bag from the cosmetics she's selling. Not that I would've bought anything from her but if I did like that company she would've lost a customer.
            I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I really wouldn't take it personally. I had one person wish ME a Happy Mothers Day and I am quite clearly a middle aged man.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
              X