This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why??? (Gross)

Why do able-bodied customers who have bathroom accidents feel that it's our job to clean up?
    I know it's embarrassing, but I would like to think, if I was in that situation, healthy or not, I would clean up my own damn mess!

I am so sick of our guys having to go clean up after customers who have missed the toilet and just walked away, or as in the case a few weeks ago, who have smeared feces all over the walls and toilet.
    Then there was the guy last week who deliberately took a dump in the urinal and just walked away from it.

He and one of our staff members got to the bathroom at the same time.
    Our guy went into the stall, and when he came out, the guy had done his deed.
    He said to my coworker that he had been taken short and couldn't hold it.
    My coworker said, "If you had told me, I would have let you go first."

What galls me is that the guy just walked out without even attempting to clean up his mess.

Our manager threw up. LOL
    And, as usual, the guys from the warehouse were called in to clean it.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Well, Ree, you've traumatised me for the day

That which has been read cannot be unread.

Comment

I did warn you. LOL

Comment

Yet another instance that calls for a permaban, if the offender is found ...

Comment

I've seen threads like this in the past, and each time someone asks, "why don't they clean their mess" I always ponder to myself a situation where someone is of such unsound mind they not only miss the toilet but proceed to smear shit all over the walls, but, at the same time, they have enough of their marbles to clean up after the mess they just made.
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Damn you South Park. I started imagining the post in Mr. Mackey's voice halfway through.

Comment

Now you might all think I've given up finding out who crapped in the urinal. M'kay? And maybe, maybe you think it's a victimless crime. This, is Mr. Venezuela, the school janitor. Okay? He's the person... who has to clean up... when some trickster... drops a dook in the wrong toilet! Mr. Venezuela makes six bucks an hour at best! Okay? He's got three kids at home, he's got a car that barely works, he's gotta clean up puke with sawdust, m'kay, then he walks into the boys' room and sees a big meaty chud starin' 'him in the face! So when you crapped in that urinal, m'kay, you might as well have just dropped your pants, and laid a turd right on top of Mr. Venezuela's head! Oh, you think it's funny, huh?!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At my store we sometimes have people pee in the sink!! Almost as bad.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  This, is Mr. Venezuela, the school janitor. Okay? He's the person... who has to clean up... when some trickster... drops a dook in the wrong toilet! Mr. Venezuela makes six bucks an hour at best! Okay? He's got three kids at home, he's got a car that barely works, he's gotta clean up puke with sawdust, m'kay, then he walks into the boys' room and sees a big meaty chud starin' 'him in the face! !

OMG, Irv, I laughed so loud, I think I woke my granddaughter.

Comment

Quoth smfrazier View Post
                    At my store we sometimes have people pee in the sink!! Almost as bad.
                    When we went down to Mexico, when the men's room was really full with a long line, it was SOP for many guys to pee in the sink rather than keep waiting. I can't deny doing this myself. But we were in our twenties, we were in Mexico, and as I said, this was SOP in those bars.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      ... pee in the sink ...
                      Valentine Michael Smith wondered why we didn't always do that. But he was the man from Mars.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This thread reminds me of a couple of gross bathroom instances I came across.

The first one happened when I was working at a grocery store. I was covering a courtesy clerk shift for someone who was off sick and I had to clean the bathrooms.

The ladies room was a piece of cake, but the mens room was a disaster. It looked like someone had explosive diarrhea all over the place. There was poop on the floor, in and on the toilet, in the sink, and on the walls.

It took me forever to clean it all.

The second one happened at my current job. I needed to pee, and rather than go upstairs to the employee's washroom, I decided to go use the public washroom on the main floor.
                        I opened the door to go in and was greeted with the sight of a pile of poop on the floor.

Someone had deliberately crapped on the floor rather than use the toilet. I really fucking hate people sometimes.

At least I didn't have to clean that mess up.
                        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can refuse to do any job you don't feel safe doing and they can't legally force you to do it. Gosh only knows what kinds of diseases you could get from cleaning crap or from that box where women put their bloody tampons. Just say you don't feel safe doing it and that you know that it's against the law for them to force you to do something you don't feel safe doing. I'm actually not 100% sure if that's the case, but because they don't know the law and you claim to know that it's against the law, I highly doubt they'll take their chances.

Comment

Working...
                          X