This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Night Doing Thirds

So last night was my first night doing third shift in the cashier position. Oh what fun that was. Made a few mistakes (though my manager was ok with them since they either righted themselves or I figured them out eventually), got some pointers and learned just how much fun I could behind the counter (yes, I am being sarcastic there).

Again with this?!
    Yes, I had more people come through trying to buy alcohol or tobacco without cards. Why can't you people understand the concept of, if you look younger than 30, bring your damn ID! I carded a few older people who to me looked younger and they had a good laugh and some were even flattered. One guy was so surprised and exclaimed, "Holy hell, I haven't been carded in nearly 10 years! Thank you young lady, that made my night!"

Lottery
    We are not to sell lottery after midnight. Now, I was told specifics, so I wasn't sure if that meant all lottery including scratch offs, or just the machine lottery (Powerball, MegaMillion, etc), so I wasn't selling any just in case. One guy was fine with it and said he'd go grab it from the store across the street. One man though was pissed off to the point where I was close to calling the cops. I explained everything to him, and he still yelled and cussed at and punched the door on the way out. I found out later from my manager that we could in fact sell scratch offs, but that what I did was fine since I didn't know. But, I mean, c'mon! I'm new at this, I explained this to you and you're still going to be an asshole? fuck you too buddy.

That is all for today, but much more will come about, I see it happening. Getting almost full time hours next week (half woo!, half oh God!), so I'm sure there will be more to share.

Also, on a sadder note, I do hope all those people hurt, displaced, or who lost loved ones in the horrible tornado that hit Moore, OK yesterday are able to pick up the pieces, as well as find their missing children. I nearly bawled on the way home from work when I heard the news on the radio. Prayers and good thoughts to them. Blessed be!
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

I would be guessing that the people who complained about ID drove there.

Is it illegal in your state to not have your license on you while driving?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
    X