This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you are not being cheated

My CW had a customer last night who wanted to return/exchange a pair of pants. So CW is showing her some different options, none of which she liked. Even though CW was showing her exactly what she asked for!

Then she wanted to return a pair she bought. Fine, no problem, except she bought them in one of our other stores, and for a $109 pair of pants, she was only charged $26, and her receipt said that. Which meant she was ONLY getting $26 back. Oh no, she was being cheated since the tag said $109. Both my CW and the manager explained to her that she would ONLY get back what she paid, which was $26 (and none of us have any clue how such a huge mistake could have been made), not the actual price since she didn't PAY that for them. She finally agreed it would be best (as the manager suggested) to return them to the store she bought them from, as we can't access their transaction records.

But really? who in their right mind thinks they will actually MAKE money on something? She should be happy she got such a deal - right or not. But just because something is marked as such, you aren't getting that much back. Just those people who want cash, but paid via CC. sorry, but you get back how you paid. no exceptions.

If she had brought them in sans receipt, would she have been offered $109 in store trade?
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
      If she had brought them in sans receipt, would she have been offered $109 in store trade?
      In most stores you'd get store credit for the lowest price in XX days or the last sale price, for this exact reason.

Comment

I'm sure, in her mind, she honestly thought she was going to make a profit off of this. What are the odds that she tries to go to every single store in the area hoping someone will return it for $109?

PS, sidebar, who the fuck pays $100 for a pair of pants!? Maybe I'm just lame...but I don't think I've ever paid over $20 for anything but a tailor-cut suit...
        "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
        "What IS fun to fight through?"
        "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post

PS, sidebar, who the fuck pays $100 for a pair of pants!? Maybe I'm just lame...but I don't think I've ever paid over $20 for anything but a tailor-cut suit...
          I still remember walking into a Bullocks
          Dept. store the first month I moved to
          Los Angeles back in 1989 and seeing the
          Sale rack of men's pants. The cheapest pair
          Was $400.00!!! And they were piled on top
          Of the racks like you would find at Sears.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post

I have. Especially for jeans. They tend to fit better and last far longer then any of the cheap things I could get from say Bullseye or Mart O' Wall. (Also because the reason those stores can sell them for so cheap is because of cheap and unsavory business practices overseas that I do not agree with.)
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
              Gravekeeper's SCs?

One of the ladies working service desk told me this kind of thing would happen all the time. People would come in expecting to get full price back, when they got it on sale. Drove management crazy until ASS manager of my hatred was set over the cashiers... he had the spine of a very limp noodle.

What got me? The people most likely to pull this were from the ritziest part of town, a little village near the major city... and they'd act like they'd done us a favor by shopping there at all. I bet my ex-coworkers were very happy when said village got their own Mart of Hell.
              If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                I have. Especially for jeans. They tend to fit better and last far longer then any of the cheap things I could get from say Bullseye or Mart O' Wall. (Also because the reason those stores can sell them for so cheap is because of cheap and unsavory business practices overseas that I do not agree with.)
                I don't know where they were made (the tags have long since faded from use), but I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I got from Old Navy that haven't worn out for 10 years I don't exactly try very hard at my wardrobe (I stick with easy and comfortable, and tend to look fine), so half my pants are probably Old Navy jeans...cheap, but durable, dammit!
                "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                  It depends. on whether or not they were on sale - if they were, she'd get a store credit for the amount they were selling for less any additional discount. like now we have 40% off markdowns.

we also keep track of customer history either through their store charge or reward card - by "assigning" customers to their transaction. so if they don't have a receipt, and we can find the info, we use that, and they'll get what they paid. if they were not on sale, and we couldn't find her, yes, she probably would have gotten a credit for the full amount, IF they were current merchandise. But she had her receipt, and just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she would be getting back ONLY what she had paid, not what they actually cost.

Comment

I used to have (sadly I think mom decided to toss them) a pair of BDU cargo pants I bought at a surplus store back in...1998, I think. I'd wear them to work at the grocery store because they look fine, have the cargo pockets for all the junk I accumulate during a shift, and if I end up kneeling on the floor stocking I don't have to worry about ruining them. Her objection is 'they don't look good on you'. Well I can get a women's pair for about $50...yes that's pricy, but I figure they'd last about 6 years at least.

So one day I decide to humor her and wear an equally old, but nicer, pair of dress jeans on her insistence...that night they had a hole in the knee. She knew the fabric was worn and that's why I didn't wear them to work
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X