X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duuuuuuuuuuude

Just a quick one from this afternoon.

Man: Dude, do you have any rooms tonight? I need something around $120.
    Me: Looks like the least expensive one we have is $160. From what I understand, [town 8 miles away], [town 50 miles away], and [town 90 miles away] are all full tonight.
    Man: Dude, really? Is this, like, a holiday weekend or something?
    Me: Um...yes?

Earlier I had someone ask if we offer canoe trips. In a national park with no water. *headdesk*
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
    ... if we offer canoe trips...
    The SS Dooshkanyew will be leving from the submarine dock in a few minutes. Just sit on the bottom of the pool until it comes for you.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Full moon tonight. That could explain those two twerps.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Maybe the canoe people felt so inconvenienced by your inability to summon a lake for them to paddle around in that they sent Bong Boy down to annoy you as a form of revenge?

Comment

Lore: Lol. When I did work in a national park with lots of water, I had this conversation (after several emails on the same basic questions)

Her: So what is there to do there?
          Me: Well, there's fishing, hiking, canoeing, kayaking-
          Her: Ooh! Canoeing! Tell me about that?
          Me: Well, you can rent a canoe for the day or week and use them in [harbor] and [bay] and the inland lakes.
          Her: What's an inland lake?
          Me:....It's a lake surrounded by land, ma'am. There are several of them on [island].
          Her: Well, if it's surrounded by land, how do I get my canoe there?
          Me: You portage it?
          Her: What's "portage"?
          Me:...You pick up your canoe and you carry it, ma'am.
          Her: *sniffily* Don't you have people who can do that for me?
          Me: No, sorry.
          Her: I don't think I want to visit there. *click*
          Last edited by Dentarthurdent; 05-26-2013, 08:03 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
          "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
          Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Earlier I had someone ask if we offer canoe trips. In a national park with no water.
            If she was cute, I would have offered to talk to the little canoe driver and see what he could do to make her feel happy. I could find water in Death Valley on the Amargosa River, for the right canoeist.
            Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Working...
            X