This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC FAIL End User

As I have mentioned before we deal with one particular EU, who for some reason or another won't go along with the program. Most likely because of their position, which gives them the illusion of power, but very little. In the past they tried to get Facilities to not allow IT to have the keys necessary to access and support our equipment and most recently begged and pleaded to get on the IT dept DL, but failed.

Well, anyway a few weeks ago they emailed a few member of the IT dept with a 30 bullet point list of things we failed at/screwed up/never did, etc. They were kind enough to include just enough tech speak to make it look funny. Ooooh...you can say network and they demanded a meeting with myself, HD sup and our boss. A quick read showed that all but a few were BS.

We put tougher one big doc with all our documentation on every issue they. The break down.
    About 10 were problems they should have sent to the HD, but never did. HD Staff kindly added the policy/how to submit a HD request and to do so for each issue they had.

Another 10 were issues we had already solved,, such as the Dist. List, but they kept bringing up. These were easily solved by finding the old HD tickets or emails and pasting the entire thing into the document, proving they had the answer but forgot/ignored/didn't like it.

Their were 3 three we had no clue what to do with as they were so vague, such as "I never go the important email you claimed you sent me at some point."

And finally my favorite. The last 7 or so were issue they caused the selves due to not following policy. For example we had a piece of equipment die. We evaluate the repair vs. replace and it was $300 repair, $400 brand new vs. 8 y/o junk. Well, SEU was aware it died, and without IT authorization had it repaired and tried to make us pay for it, with brand new stiff in it's place already. Our Finance Dept was not too happy. Other examples, promising IT would do somethign for someone and expecting it done overnight, and not telling us.

We compiled all this into one massive 23 page document and had the meeting, as they demanded. We stared with the HD stuff. They were not to happy. By the time we got halfway thru the "forgot/ignored/didn't like it list" they were really unhappy, but we pressed on. The "no clue it was so vague" list they denied ever asking us and by the time we reached the "it's 1,000% your fault" list after about 2 minutes in they suddenly realized they need to be somewhere else and wandered off. That concluded the meeting.

FYI, You keep trying, but failing, miserably. In the end you look like the moron, not us. Repeating it only make it look worse, for YOU!

Can you take this sort of thing to their supervisor? Impeding IT's work, wasting your time and other forms of idiocy would (hopefully) at least give them a bad next performance review...

Comment

If they have the time to make this list and demand the meeting, then clearly they do not have enough work to do.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        If they have the time to make this list and demand the meeting, then clearly they do not have enough work to do.
        Oh you mean they are typical upper management?????? ya know they one who sit around all day, using their MBA no experience trained brains thinking up stupid and useless procedures, policies, and rules for us peons to follow. then high fiving each other for a good minute of work then go on a 3 hour company paid lunch????

FYI, You keep trying, but failing, miserably. In the end you look like the moron, not us. Repeating it only make it look worse, for YOU!
        the classic defination of insanity -- keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results each time
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
          Can you take this sort of thing to their supervisor? Impeding IT's work, wasting your time and other forms of idiocy would (hopefully) at least give them a bad next performance review...
          I wish. Due to their position within the org, not much will happen to their employment unless it is really serious criminal matter or similar.

They wasted their time, we wasted our time, they wasted Finance time. I bet they would/will complain if anything got/gets pushed back due to their actions causing us to waste our time.

Comment

But isn't it still worth a try? They didn't just waste your time and Finance's time, if I read this correctly they also wasted company funds. Or would ratting them out to their bosses cause retaliation, and end up more trouble than its worth?
            Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Why? Why are they giving you crap? Why?
              Also, I totally agree with what else has been said so far.
              Why are they picking a fight?
              Eh. At least it makes them look silly.
              EDIT: Above was the sound of my brain close to breaking. The moth-bouncing-around-in-a-light brand of idiocy is hard for me to get a hold of. .____.
              Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 08-10-2010, 10:20 PM.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I didn't even realize we worked together! Where is your office?

Comment

Working...
                X