This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not your home!

We have a brand spankin' new waffle maker. With it came a special lubricant to prevent the waffles from sticking to it. Administration of this spray is to be done ~20min after the device is turned on. Just the single application should suffice for the whole 3 hours of breakfast.

After completing the routine this morning, I placed the oil in one of the cabinets located under the breakfast bar.

Imagine my shock when said bottle was located RIGHT BY THE WAFFLE MAKER, when I went to check/refill breakfast.

There is now this note in the log book: "Waffle spray behind desk as guests can't leave well enough alone."

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

goodness knows how much they thought they needed to use too.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      goodness knows how much they thought they needed to use too.
      "Yer syrup had gone bad, so I threw it in the dumpster."
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You assume they used the lubricant on something breakfast related and not for their .

Comment

It's amazing how people will ration stuff like they're under siege by the Visigoths at home, but once something is provided as a courtesy, they'll slather it on everything just because they can......
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            It's amazing how people will ration stuff like they're under siege by the Visigoths at home, but once something is provided as a courtesy, they'll slather it on everything just because they can......
            of course. someone else is paying for it.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              Imagine my shock when said bottle was located RIGHT BY THE WAFFLE MAKER, when I went to check/refill breakfast.
              Hmmmmm....Can of an aerosol-type compound under high pressure...sitting next to a device capable of giving off a fairly high amount of heat...

Nope, nothing wrong or dangerous about that! Silly cursetomers >_>
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Hmmmmm....Can of an aerosol-type compound under high pressure...sitting next to a device capable of giving off a fairly high amount of heat...
                Actually, a plastic bottle, similar to some hairspray bottles, not pressurized, with a spritzer nozzle.

SC
                "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I can dream, can't I? ^_^
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This happens at my hotel too. It's one of my pet peeves. Have a look.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I hate to go against the trend here, but the guest probably thought they were doing you a favor. The only time I've used those waffle makers (at a college cafeteria and at hotels), there has always been a bottle of spray beside them that you were to use every time (I tried not using it once because the person in front of me had...It did not go pretty). So they were probably expecting to see the spray, didn't and figured some one else took it or something. Then they just looked under the waffle maker and found it. To there mind, they were saving their waffle from sticking and you from having to clean up a waffle encrusted maker.

Comment

We have problems with people deciding they need to grease up the waffle irons with butter first which screws up the none stick finish and makes the waffles stick really bad.
                        "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

I hate it when the waffles stick together.
                          Sticking together is what good waffles do.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                          X