This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the two SCs from yesterday

*just a few brief stories......heard about the first one through a co-worker, and indirectly dealt with the second one)

For the first SC: This past Wednesday night, a woman came to the library an hour and a half after closing time, and was really upset that we weren't open. Apparently she had the idea that the staff selected the operating hours, because she called the City Manager's office with a complaint........I don't know the exact details, just that she's probably one of those who will be happy when we expand evening hours later this summer.

The second SC: This woman had been cleaning out her grandfather's house, and decided to donate the books to the library. Problem was, she had a large amount of items, and instead of taking them to the "Friends Warehouse", she insisted on dumping them all in our bookdrop. (which customers are NOT supposed to do in the first place)
    And apparently she came back on Thursday with more donations.....I was on "check-in", and at one point, got a bunch of non-library books dumped. (the co-worker who'd previous dealt with the woman said it was probably her again)

Cue the third visit, when the SC realizes that all her (and everyone elses) donations end up getting sold at the "Friends Warehouse" instead of being shelved. Because selling an old book in good condition would bring a lot of money for library programs and services.

Comment

Unfortunately, we've already had a third visit from that SC, to bring in yet more donations. What made this extra sucky is that we are closed on Fridays, and since the bookdrop returns are large already on Saturday mornings, I did NOT need the extra items to have to pick up.

Comment

Working...
      X