This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light off & no one there=closed

Why don't people get this? I was helping out up front and after my last customer there was no one, so I shut off the light and walked away. I was talking to my boss for maybe 20, 30 seconds when this lady walked up to the register (which was 2 yards from me with the light off) and started putting her stuff down. My boss told her "That one's closed" and under his breath said to me That's why the light's off. Gotta love 'im. I said, "Wow, she's persistent," and he replied, "And I have no problem denying them."
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I said, "Wow, she's persistent,"
    She should try a different deodorant.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I had just finished helping with a rush on the registers, turned off my light and put the rolling lane-blocker rack out. I started to go back to what I was doing, then remembered something I'd left at the register. When I went back to retrieve it, there was a woman there with her shopping unloaded. She said, "It's about time someone came to check me out. And you should keep your lane clear. I had to move that rack to get my cart through!" I told her that the rack was there because the lane was closed. "There wasn't a sign on it. Look, I don't have time to listen to you arguing with me. Just ring me up; I'm in a hurry!" Sigh.

Comment

Sometimes it's hard to tell with some stores and some cashiers. The cashier will be ready at their checkout (instead of outside the lanes like at Target), but since the lights off I can't judge if they forgot to turn it on or are waiting for something else. I just ask in those instances, but still...

Comment

This happens for the same reason that people try using a locked door when it's clearly marked as locked...People are ignorant, and stupid. It IS amusing to watch, however.
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Some people are just schmucks.

I had come into the shop an half hour before opening one day a year or so ago and the closed sign was on the door and the lights were off.

I made the mistake of not locking the front door, but I figured it would be fine since I was just running in the back to take a leak.

When I came out, I discovered this middle-aged hippie-looking woman standing there. She's been in once or twice before and there's something a little off about her but she's not dangerous. I have this problem where I love to argue with crazy people. I can't help it.

"We're closed until ten."
            "The door was unlocked."
            "The lights were off and the closed sign was on the door."
            "Oh."

I offered assistance anyway... my rule of thumb is that if I'm here, we're open. Not going to sweat opening 20 minutes early. Still annoying for not paying attention to the lights being off and the closed sign, but what can you do.

Comment

My store is open 24 hours a day, but they close one of the two entrances down at a certain time in the evening because the traffic always thins out. Back in the early days, I remember seeing the "General Merchandise" entrance close down at 10 p.m. People would park there even though the lights were turned off in that section, walk right into the closed and locked sliding doors, and then get mad because they would have to walk the 100 feet or so to the Grocery entrance. Oooohhh, God forbid that they have to walk THAT far!!! One of the night shift employees told me recently that because certain customers like this bitched and moaned enough about that side being closed("You're supposed to be OPEN for 24 hours!!!), we have to keep that side open until midnight or one in the morning.

And all because the ONE F***ING PERCENT of customers we get in a day that prefer to shop late into the night don't want to park on the other side to shop with the entrance being open there!!!

Comment

Working...
              X