Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File This Under Stupid (and Drunk) Criminals!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File This Under Stupid (and Drunk) Criminals!

This didn't happen while I was at work, but boy is it a gem. Seems my manager, K's car was hit at work the other day. How? Well, here's the story, as told to me by K and coworker J. A man came in the store, obviously intoxicated. He got some lottery tickets, etc, and kept asking K for her phone number. K refused. Drunken Idiot (DI from here on in) leaves his name and number there for her. Remember this. So, DI leaves, and K and coworker J realize that he's driving. Why they didn't turn him in right away, I don't know. Anyway, J realizes that the guy left his lottery tickets, so, having his name and number there, she called him to tell him. Of course, DI comes back right away to get them.
    After some more trying to coerce K's number from her, he leaves, gets in his car, and...backs into the driver's side of K's car. Two of our regular customers tried to get him to stop, but, oh, no, DI decides to peel out of the parking lot, squealing tires, instead. So, DI has 1) driven while intoxicated, 2) hit someone's car, and 3) driven off from the scene...the scene where he left his name and phone number. Yep. Needless to say, K and J called the police right away and turned him in. What sucks for K is she's getting ready to go on vacation. Horrible timing. All I can say is DI belong among the ranks of the world's stupidest criminals. I hope they threw the book at him, and then some!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Could have been worse. He could have left an application with his address, etc on it too.

Comment

And being that it's a gas station, they probably have him on camera too.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I feel terrible for any public defender who gets that idiots case. "So you were visibly drunk, there are witnesses to the crash, you left your name and number with the employees, and you were caught on camera both inside and outside of the store? Plead guilty, sir. Plead guilty or face immense ridicule from your peers."

Comment

The sucky thing is that if that happened here, unless the police actually stopped him while he was driving or attempting to drive, he would get away with it.
          If he got home and they picked him up later, no matter how wasted he seemed on the video tape he couldnt get prosecuted for drunk driving as there would be no breath test / blood test.
          Would still have to pay for the damage to the car, as well as a fine for leaving the scene of an accident, but no drunk driving charge :-/

Comment

Leaving the scene of an accident is dealt with pretty harshly, though, at least everywhere I have ever lived.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
              Leaving the scene of an accident is dealt with pretty harshly, though, at least everywhere I have ever lived.
              I wish I could say the same...

http://www.buffalonews.com/topics/dr...icle879349.ece

Comment

Working...
              X