No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The can-collectors in the complex are at it again...yesterday one of them was outside on the stoop cutting up raw meat. And this can't be done in your apartment why...? Second time I've seen this happening and I was able to get a picture. Mom later saw bone fragments and other bits of detritus in that area. I'm betting that's where the funny smell and the vermin sightings in the courtyard are coming from (I'm seeing rat traps in the landscaping which I never recall seeing before last month). I mentioned this to our maintenance guy M and he revealed that we aren't the only ones to complain (yesss; maybe something will get done now). Composing an email with pics tomorrow. I don't think I have photos of the can collectors but I do have a log of sorts that has one of the males coming in at 2-3 in the morning.

I'm convinced that there have to be at least 6-7 people in that 2 bedroom apartment, and according to M they always trash the unit. Company ends up having to repaint and redo practically everything.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      cutting up raw meat. And this can't be done in your apartment why...?
      That's the kind of weird stuff druggies do. Well, I've never heard of that specifically, but yeah, the logic is gone from their brains.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Neighbors across the hall have left their door hanging half-open all day, and I haven't heard a peep from them all day.

It's all rather ominous.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          Neighbors across the hall have left their door hanging half-open all day, and I haven't heard a peep from them all day.

It's all rather ominous.
          They're back, and as noisy as ever.

Comment

• ^ Haha! Welp, there ya go. Life.

Comment

• Dear neighbor to the right:

I know that sometimes you have a bunch of guests over the weekends, not every weekend but enough weekends to catch the attention of BOTH neighbors on either side of you. I don't care who you entertain at your home, but I do care if I have to keep coming over and asking one of your guest to move their car so I can get out or into my driveway. Next time this happens, I'm calling for a tow truck.
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• You need to go to your crappy job or go deal your drugs or whatever else it is that you do and stop cramming your music down our throats. You have been talked to about those stupid subwoofers. Look I'm sorry that you spent too much money on your car stereo system and that you feel like you're not getting enough use out of it, but that's really not my problem.

Comment

• Yes, in the middle of the sidewalk and right at the bottom of the stairs is a GREAT place for your kids' toys, especially the little cars that roll on wheels. I'm glad I don't live in your building. It's the problem child of the complex.

Comment

• It's 1:30 a.m. You don't need to sit in the parking lot for 15 minutes with your stereo going. You're making it difficult not to hate you.

Comment

• You picked the wrong person's spot to steal my silvery friend. I am an owner, not a renter and I have the documentation to prove I own that stall. Provided the tow truck arrives before you leave, you are toast. I don't put up with this shit.

Comment

• Dude. NYS is not going to pay you unemployment for "the four months you were out of work this winter." IF you qualify, they'll pay you starting with the week you file. It's not retroactive.

And if you are actually getting work for that lawn service you started, you can't claim for the days you worked. There's a place online to report fraud, and don't think I won't use it if I hear you bragging that you're lying about it.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Well, I'm off to a great start with my new neighbors. The irritating door slammers next door moved out after finally stopping the insidious bass. I didn't have high hopes, though. I've been through so many of them that I know how it goes. These people seem OK, fairly nice, but today some kid was over there and kept slamming the door. And I'm sure I just offended them by putting my fan on the balcony toward them.

They can't smoke inside and I am OK with temporarily closing my sliding door when they are smoking on the balcony. I have my fan pointed out against the screen right in the doorway to push the hot air outside but that does bring outside air in so I do have to close it. I didn't notice right away tonight because I was in the bedroom painting my nails and smelling that. When I went into the living room I noticed half my apt. was filled with smoke. It smells bad and aggravates my allergies. Plus, it's just plain unhealthful. I quickly put the fan out to push it away without thinking about it. Maybe I should've waited until they were done, but it's already happened. Great. I'm sure they think I'm a cranky witch.

Comment

• Does your lease have anything about smoking distance from the building? My old place did, and it was enforced. I mean, every once in a while there'd be an issue and then it would stop again. The smokers had to go like 15 feet from the building. I don't think my current place has this rule, but thankfully my direct neighbors (our doors face each other) don't smoke.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• They are allowed to smoke on the porches. At least they are quiet. They're out there now socializing and I can barely hear.

.......annnnd an hour and a half later we have the door slamming. I think I now know what woke me up with such a startle the other night that I had a panic attack. I'm fortunate that I didn't have a migraine the next day with sleep deprivation being a trigger.
                              Last edited by Food Lady; 06-03-2018, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• There was a guy next door to me who was a door slammer. And an unbelievable slob and filthy pig. I was about to report him for both when I realized he was moving out so never mind. It's empty now but I notice different cars keep parking in the spot assigned to this empty apartment. I find that rude, I know no one is living there but it's STILL an assigned spot.
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X