This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't get table service when you don't ask for it

This one totally smelled of scam. I was at McD's and a couple comes up and demands a refund because their food has taken too long. The manager was a total pro. She calmly asked for their receipt, agreed that it has taken a long time, so she has to check to see what went wrong. Okay, here's the problem, you placed the order at the self serve kiosk, and chose "pickup at counter" instead of table service. A bit of whiny and complaining ensued but she just stood her ground and pointed out right where it said "pickup at counter". But no problem, she's going to give them their refund. Oh, what about our food? What about your food? Aren't they going to get that as well? Um no, this was your mistake, she will extend some customer courtesy and provide a refund, but she is not going to give them free food for a mistake they made. A bit more complaining and they left.

Awesome job.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I. Hate. Table. Service.

We've had that exact same scenario happen at my location. I've asked if they got a table tracker AND made sure to punch the number into the kiosk with their order - invariably they didn't even chose table service so they wouldn't even have been prompted to enter the table tracker number in. They just assumed that if they ordered at the kiosk that we'd magically know they wanted their food brought to them and know where they sat. How it gets handled differs by manager, but most will only offer a refund.

Comment

That manager was a pro. I'm betting the customers knew damn well what they'd done and were angling for free food. Good on her for not giving it.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

On the rare occasion I don't use drive-thru, I love the kiosks and table service because it cuts down how long I need to stand around. But then I'm special, because I know to actually press the right dang buttons!
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
        X