This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Abby,

In response to your response to Beth, you were, quite frankly, wrong in your summary. Of the 5 letters you picked, 1 was a complete disagreement with you, 3 said that Nicki *could* be more proactive in not being touched, but unlike you still said that every person has a right to basic human dignities like only being touched when they want to, and only 1 agreed with your supposition that retail employees are not humans, or are at least not subject to the same rights of not being touched.

Perhaps you're under that impression from never having actually had to work, instead inheriting an advice column you're clearly not good at.

Sincerely,
    Ex-retail-manager
    Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      It's not mine, RWpony. Sorry.
      That's why I said to REwrite it.

OT: I just realized that every single book of Eddings I own have the same story line, even characters, but different names. Crap. :-\
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        OT: I just realized that every single book of Eddings I own have the same story line, even characters, but different names. Crap. :-\
        Took you long enough

The other stuff he's done - Redemption of Althalus and the one about sleeping gods are different, but Althalus had very similar aspects, and I only got about two pages into the dreaming gods before giving it up as a bad job.

Rapscallion

Comment

Well, figured it was high time I jumped onto this wagon:

Dear Abby,

I was very disappointed in your response to Niki in Maryland on March 23, as well as your reply to those who sympathized with Niki's situation. Speaking as a peon of the fast food world, I can only wonder what would make you think that the blame falls entirely upon Niki. Customer Service Representatives have every right to personal space that you do; there is, quite frankly, no excuse for a customer to reach out and grasp at the employee. Your fabled "uncommon common sense" has failed you, and I have noticed this trend in several of your more recent columns. I am not at all sorry to say that I will not be reading your column in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Very Irritated in So-Cal
          How'd I do?
          Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
          --Unknown

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            Took you long enough

The other stuff he's done - Redemption of Althalus and the one about sleeping gods are different, but Althalus had very similar aspects, and I only got about two pages into the dreaming gods before giving it up as a bad job.

Rapscallion
            I know, I'm slow. TEN YEARS, dammit.

Actually, Althalus is what clued me in. Noticed that the "Children" are a little on the close side to the characters in the Belgaraid* and Maloran*.

* Both sets of books are in storage, so I can't double-check the spelling. Sorry if it's wrong.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
              Took you long enough

Rapscallion
              Michael Chricton does the same thing... Change "virus" to "dinosaur" and The Andromeda Strain becomes Jurassic Park. Change "dinosaur" to "nanobot" and Jurassic Park becomes Prey.

Comment

Andy in Lubbock sounds like the ex (same neck of the woods too...hmmm). People who want to touch other people just to be dicks will do so, it doesn't matter how aware of your surroundings you are.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Dear Abby:
                  I'm concerned about a friend of mine. People often come to her for help, and she usually gives good advice. However, sometimes her advice isn't so great, and occasionally is downright bad. When I confront her about this, she ignores me. I'm worried that her advice may get somebody in trouble one day. What should I do?
                  -Concerned in Texas

Comment

Toy Guy,

Comment

Working...
                    X