Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the #1 song the day you were born?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sherry" by the Four Seasons

Comment

"Centerfold" by J. Geils Band Never even heard of it
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"Ring My Bell" by Anita Ward

I've had different answers to this from different sites.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
          GREAT SONG!! Try this link - (hope it works)

http://searchbeta.playlist.com/track...2C%20j%20geils

Mine was - "Honky Tonk Women" by The Rolling Stones
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
          RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
            1983 ... "Let's Dance" by David Bowie

God. Im old...
            Bah, kids....

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Crap, I'm older than anyone who's posted so far. I'll just say that my birthdate song was sung by Rickey Nelson.
            No fair! Not posting the results is cheating.

Quoth Sarlon View Post
            Great song. Here is the video

Mine was:
            1963 - "Blue Velvet" by Bobby Vinton Not a bad song, IMO.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I got "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper ... never heard of it...

the Macarena was number 1 on my 10th birthday (I loved that song too )
              Sexy Back for my 20th (oh yeah)
              and my 21st was celebrated by Crank That Soulja Boy...
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Stop! In the Name of Love-The Supremes.
                I like that song!!

Comment

Mine was "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me" by Billy Joel.

I like that one.
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I was surprised to find that a song I dearly love was the #1 song on the day I was born. To wit, The Beatles' "The Long and Winding Road." Great song.

Yet more proof that June 8, 1970 was a truly fantastic day!

Other songs I truly love that were #1 on various of my birthdays:

4th birthday: "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney & Wings.
                    10th birthday: "Funkytown" by Lipps, Inc.
                    11th birthday: "Bettie Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes.
                    13th birthday: "Flashdance...What a Feeling" by Irene Cara.
                    31st birthday: "Lady Marmalade" by Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink.

There were others that were okay, or that I hated, or that I didn't know.

Sadly, on my 21st birthday, the #1 song was the super cheesy "More Than Words" by Extreme.

Out of curiousity, I looked up the #1 songs for both my sisters.

The day Lil Sis was born, it was Rod Stewart's awesome "Maggie May." Also the same #1 song the day my stepsister was born, but that's not surprising, as my stepsister is only 16 days older than Lil Sis.

The day The Witch was born, a Sunday, it was The Mamas and the Papas' "Monday, "Monday." Amusingly, it warned "Monday Monday, can't trust that day....."

*I* was born on a Monday. Turned out to be kind of prophetic for my older sister's view of me, actually!

Oh, this cracked me up. The day my ex-fiance The Brit was born, the #1 song was "Dizzy," at least here in the U.S. Somehow, that seems very appropriate!

Oh, to add to the amusement, the day I met The Brit, the #1 song was "Dilemma," and the day she dumped me it was "Crazy in Love." Somehow, it would seem better reversed, but this is still funny. And yes, I AM having too much fun with this damn thing.

Quoth Greenday View Post
                    Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.
                    Of all the people on the board, why am I not surprised that YOU were Rick-Rolled the very day you were born!

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    "To Sir, With Love" by Lulu.
                    Great movie!

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                    Arthur's Theme (best that you can do) by Christopher Cross
                    Another great movie! And this one I was alive to see when it was in the theaters!

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                    Never....even.....HEARD....of it? Are you serious? Great freakin' song! How is it that you never even heard it?
                    Last edited by Jester; 12-12-2008, 03:54 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Lovin' You.

Bleech. Hate that song.

But there was a great South Park episode with a bomb set to go off on the high note.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

February 20, 1985: "Careless Whisper" by Wham! featuring George Michael

Awesome.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                          Great song. Even better video.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The day I was born, the #1 song according to this was:

Vogue, by Madonna. Huh, never heard of it, nor do I like Madonna.

Let's see what they have for my other birthdays?

When I turned 2, the #1 song was a rap song called Jump by a pair of pre-pubescent kids trying to look 'Gangster.' This made me laugh.

When I turned 7, it was MMMbop. I iz mildly amused.

When I turned 9 it was 'Livin' La Vida Loca', which is the first one on the list I remembered without having to think about it.

At 15 it was we belong together by Mariah Carey. I iz not amused.

At 18 it was Lillipop, by lil Wayne. Excuse me while I go stab out my ears.
                            "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

Mine is 'Endless Love' too.

Comment

I got "Anything for you" Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine. Sounds a little like me...

My sister got "She Ain't Worth It" by Glenn Medeiros with Bobby Brown. Must...resist...urge...to...make...comment...
                                She's alright really, depsite what I say... And I say this of my own free will...
                                "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Working...
                                X