This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get on my last nerve

As I look back, it's hard to believe that this *experience* only took 10 minutes, it seemed WAY longer.

So I go to relieve the cashier for her 15 minute break. The store is quiet, it's prom night in our town, so most of the traffic has been earlier. Also earlier, a woman who is a regular had called to see if we had gotten any of the onsale toilet paper. I assured her we did.

In walks a man and woman. They wander off to the toilet paper aisle, bring up the onsale TP and the woman screams "This is supposed to be $3.99 - my momma called and was told it was! But the price on the shelf says $4.99!!!!!!!!!!!" I assured her that it was indeed $3.99, but that we had removed the sale tags because our sale ends in 30 minutes (when we close), we are now putting out the sale tags for tomorrow's sale, and it will ring up correctly. Well, she's skeptical, but okay. I ring up the TP. But wait! Man decides that he wants Pepsi and wanders off, she follows. Evidently there was not enough Pepsi on the shelf, so man corners my CW to check the back. Woman comes back to me to see if there's any in the back. I page CW.

At this point, another customer has come up to the register with ONLY 2 drinks to buy. But .... my register is already in the transaction with the other two people. I can't do a void (yeah, I know, it's stupid), so I apologize and say that I hope it will only be a minute. CW checks the back, tells man that there are no more and then calls me to tell me there are no more. Woman, meanwhile, is on the phone with who knows? Man comes back to the register with the 2 Pepsis he could get and I ring them up, while paging CW to come ring up the poor woman with the 2 drinks. And now it's time to pay.

Woman realizes that she has momma's EBT card, but doesn't know the pin. She has to end the call to who knows and call momma. Calls momma and I don't know what was said on the other end, but what I hear is "Momma I'm standing at the register ... go in the bathroom and ASK". I don't EVEN want to know Okay, so she gets the pin, punches it in and now only has to pay for the TP. They pool their cash, but they're a penny short. (And no, I'm not gonna let them slide after all these shenanigans). Man says "I got a penny in the truck!" and runs out the door. Another customer walks in the door and woman shouts "Hey you gotta penny?" New customer gives her one ... no thank you was said.

Okay, so penny produced and transaction is over, right? Oh no ..... woman starts to head towards the door. Man runs in waving the penny he found. Woman says "That lady gave me one". And I know I shouldn't have, but I said "You could give it back to her" They ignore me and both head out the door.

Sheesh, took me longer than 10 minutes to type this, but I swear this transaction felt like it took an hour.

I loathe people like that!!! No consideration for the fact that there could be other customers coming up to get checked out, no consideration for the employees.

No consideration period. And definitely no brain cells between them to speak of.

Even worse is when you're the customer stuck behind people like that.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Ugh, these people....Just today I was in a small grocery store wondering why it was taking another woman 15 minutes to get something from the meat section. I saw two employees talking to her, than one, than they both disappeared while she still stood there....Why does it take 15 minutes to get ONE side of ribs?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Why does it take 15 minutes to get ONE side of ribs?
        She wanted them to tell her which side of the cow the ribs came from.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            Another customer walks in the door and woman shouts "Hey you gotta penny?" New customer gives her one ... no thank you was said.

Okay, so penny produced and transaction is over, right? Oh no ..... woman starts to head towards the door. Man runs in waving the penny he found. Woman says "That lady gave me one". And I know I shouldn't have, but I said "You could give it back to her" They ignore me and both head out the door.
            What a bunch of ungrateful idiots!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              "The inside, of course!"
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                Woman realizes that she has momma's EBT card, but doesn't know the pin. She has to end the call to who knows and call momma. Calls momma and I don't know what was said on the other end, but what I hear is "Momma I'm standing at the register ... go in the bathroom and ASK". I don't EVEN want to know Okay, so she gets the pin, punches it in and now only has to pay for the TP.
                Actually, at the point you found out it wasn't her EBT card, the transaction was over.

The rules are quite clear, using someone else's card is ILLEGAL. And can lose the cardholder the right to *get* EBT.

Comment

Quoth ComputerNecromancer View Post
                  Actually, at the point you found out it wasn't her EBT card, the transaction was over.

The rules are quite clear, using someone else's card is ILLEGAL. And can lose the cardholder the right to *get* EBT.
                  Not necessarily true. The EBT cards are issued per household, it was legal if they are in the same household. Doesn't make them any less sucky, but the person whose name is on the card doesn't have to be there. If they did, we'd starve. Hubby is disabled and can't go grocery shopping. I have to do it.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                  X